Alfaobd not correcting milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicholas Marand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all! New to this forum. I recently purchased a 7”evic for my 2019 ram 1500 classic express. It came out of a 2018 sport. I purchase Alfaobd and obdlink Mx+ I cannot get my milage, engine hours or idol hours to change. I keep getting the same error message on the app. I have successfully changed my tire size and a few other things. I do have the security bipass module however my canbus module is slightly different than the videos I’ve watched but I managed to get everything plugged in properly. Also the app only lists 2013+ powernet apposed to videos I’ve watched that have 2017+ powernet. Any suggestions would be fantastic as I am not computer literate.

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are you using a phone or tablet to connect? If so try using a computer to see if that helps you any.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Hi all! New to this forum. I recently purchased a 7”evic for my 2019 ram 1500 classic express. It came out of a 2018 sport. I purchase Alfaobd and obdlink Mx+ I cannot get my milage, engine hours or idol hours to change. I keep getting the same error message on the app. I have successfully changed my tire size and a few other things. I do have the security bipass module however my canbus module is slightly different than the videos I’ve watched but I managed to get everything plugged in properly. Also the app only lists 2013+ powernet apposed to videos I’ve watched that have 2017+ powernet. Any suggestions would be fantastic as I am not computer literate.
My understanding is you need to utilize the Windows version on a PC with Bluetooth and not the app.

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My understanding is you need to utilize the Windows version on a PC with Bluetooth and not the app.
I have the same issue and did this. Both using the Bluetooth and usb version and still no change.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
changing the odometer on any motor vehicle is against Federal Law, if you sell a motor vehicle that you know the Odometer has been changed & you don't disclose that information

I know that a dealership or a Licensed Speedometer repair shop is allowed to do it.
The form must be witnessed & Notorized
a Copy of the form shall be carried in the vehicle