AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teddy Charlery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like it could be an issue with the remote start. I haven't programmed any fobs for my 2017,but I have a plug and play remote start with 4g LTE for phone app connection and had to send it back to the company I bought it from after I did initial programming so they could finalize programming. You only program with whichever key you are using, however all my keys work even though they weren't used in programming as all have the same key code. Would the problem persist if you didn't use the remote start? If so, it's most definitely not the issue. If it doesn't, then the issue is the remote start somehow. Maybe older models have different programming. Mine are the fobs that go into the ignition, no actual key unless I need to unlock the door when battery dies.
So I was able to fix my issue with the Truck cutting off after 3 secs. Don't ever believe what a locksmith would say... Nevertheless I replace my WIN module and program the same keys to the win. I use AlfaOBD to do the programming. All the Locksmith I spoke to wanted well above $800 including new keys. I took a big leap bought the win for $290 on Amazon and it work great.

I followed the steps in the link below.

Last edited:

teddy Charlery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good Day,
I have the same issue. Did you get a fix? if so, How did you?
Thanks ahead.
I was able to fix my issue with the Truck cutting off after 3 secs. Don't ever believe what a locksmith would say... Nevertheless I replace my WIN module and program the same keys to the win. I use AlfaOBD to do the programming. All the Locksmith I spoke to wanted well above $800 including new keys. I took a big leap bought the win for $290 on Amazon and it work great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BTFJ9CV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I followed the steps in the link below.

platforum.cloud%2Flogos%2Fcumminsforum_com_profile.png

ALFAOBD - WIN Module Replacement and Key Programming

ages.platforum.cloud%2Ficons%2Fcumminsforum_comx32.png www.cumminsforum.com

Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how or where to access the actual idle / drive hours somewhere other then the EVIC?
I'd be curious to know this as well. It has to be stored somewhere,because dealers can pull the info somehow. I replaced my evic with a 7 inch display, and my old evic reset sometime right before I swapped. I knew the exact mileage to program that into the new one and the new one had similar mileage so I left idle hours alone.

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it's been a couple of years since i used my alfapbd. i tried to log into my truck to change one of the aux setting to momentary, but for the life of me i cant seem to get to/find that setting/section. anyone know what i need to log into?

any help would be greatly appreciated

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
it's been a couple of years since i used my alfapbd. i tried to log into my truck to change one of the aux setting to momentary, but for the life of me i cant seem to get to/find that setting/section. anyone know what i need to log into?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Under the Body Computer, select Car Configuration Change, then select as shown below.

Screenshot_20240505_204858_AlfaOBD.jpg

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thank you! i really wish i could get the aux features to show up in my cluster or radio, but ill take what i can get with it in the 1500. have a klienn on board air and horn setup using the aux switches. it works great!