AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AlfaOBD will NOT tune engine. That requires an unlocked PCM, actual tuner and software.

Did you back up your original configuration? What changes did you make (if any) and what components did you physically change (if any)?
Sounds like you changed something you shouldn't have, reconfigured something wrong and / or swapped out a component that needs to be "married / configured" to the system..

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Does anyone know how or where to access the actual idle / drive hours somewhere other then the EVIC?
Check this out

ric221

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
BTW, too many acronyms that someone who is just starting this journey, have not a clue what they mean.
like:
MDS, VES ect
I don't feel like reading 734 pages of posts just to figure it out.
If this is your take on learning to use this program, I would recommend you stop now. Without having an idea of what the various acronyms mean , or what you are doing or changing you are more than likely to commit so errors to your system that could cause you a lot of problems you do not need. Reading is knowledge and knowledge is power.
A journey starts with the first step, start your journey there and I do believe you will be greatly rewarded. That's just my 0.02 worth.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If this is your take on learning to use this program, I would recommend you stop now. Without having an idea of what the various acronyms mean , or what you are doing or changing you are more than likely to commit so errors to your system that could cause you a lot of problems you do not need. Reading is knowledge and knowledge is power.
A journey starts with the first step, start your journey there and I do believe you will be greatly rewarded. That's just my 0.02 worth.
Spot on!!! Even with a whole village, some cannot be successfully raised.

whitecummins18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
2018 2500 6.7 cummins. Question About the security gateway bypass: i had to install a 2 wire bypass cable that was sent with my efi live tuner when I deleted my truck. Will this bypass not allow me to access bcm? If I need to get the harness you have linked, will it still allow me to flash my efi live tunes or must I remove and reinstall the 2 pin bypass? I tried connecting and it just brings up an error message saying It lost connection with the device.

sssqueue

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hello All. I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic with the non-nav 8.4. I updated to QR40.1 with help of members here. Can the vehicle's date and time be updated with AlphaOBD? The non-nav only allows for an update to the time but even then, when I get email alerts from sirius guardian the time and date are both wrong, by a lot. I received one today with a date somewhere in 2025. Calls to support have been a waste of time with transfer after transfer. Any help would be appreciated as I have tried just about everything including pulling the radio fuse for 20 minutes to reset. Thanks.
Ok, just an update. I programmed two new fobiks I bought on eBay successfully. PITA getting to the bypass cables behind the radio but as a bonus my Android Auto just started to work afterwards. I also replaced a blown 12V outlet fuse but I would doubt that enabled AA. I plan to test the sirius guardian alerts later to see if the date / time is correct which I believe was at the heart of my AA issue...

...and the sirius guardian alerts have the correct date and time. I plan to post a fobik how-to for the 2019 Classic with a center console as getting to the bypass cables took some trial and error.

Last edited:

EriikK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Monitor injectors 1, 4, 6, 7 pulse width. When it's off its activated.
That worked perfectly. Thanks! And it was very interesting, MDS is coming on on the freeway basically anytime I go down a good grade. I had no idea, did not feel it at all. And it comes on and off in town as expected, but there is not much correlation with when I thought it was coming on. I'm usually pretty good at listening to engines, but MDS totally had me fooled. The times when I thought the engine was "running rough" or "sounding different" were not all or even mostly when the MDS was on. Very interesting!

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
That worked perfectly. Thanks! And it was very interesting, MDS is coming on on the freeway basically anytime I go down a good grade. I had no idea, did not feel it at all. And it comes on and off in town as expected, but there is not much correlation with when I thought it was coming on. I'm usually pretty good at listening to engines, but MDS totally had me fooled. The times when I thought the engine was "running rough" or "sounding different" were not all or even mostly when the MDS was on. Very interesting!

You're welcome. Glad you had the time to play with it and "see" when it's activating.
*warning: GM content below.
I have a Denali 6.2L with the cyl. deactivation and it shows on the cluster when it drops to 6, or 4 cyls. So far had 1 lifter fail collapsed. That resulted in a broken valve spring, torn stem seal, and bent valve. I got super lucky and didn't have to swap the cam since it was not a roller failure but I did remove the head of course. New valve lapped in, new guide seal, new lifters (8), head gasket, & head bolts and it was running that afternoon. I got lucky. But still hate the system.

Sorry in again for the GM content but here's couple of pics.
Pulling the valve cover, this is what I found.
20240110_150939.jpg

Upon removal the culprit lifter pulled apart in my hands. All the others were fine but I replaced them anyways. The valve was bent from bouncing off the top of the piston. No damage there luckily.
20240111_155411.jpg

mikey2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel

mikey2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel
I was a mechanic for 30 years, before i went into computers. believe me the IT industry loves acronyms, but at least they define them prior to using them. i don't have alphaobd, so i'm not familiar with certain acronyms. yall could at least take a tip from the IT industry and give a clue as to what they mean. i suppose if i get the program i'll figure them out. just saying it would be courteous to define. who am i though, just someone who is at least a little bit curious about the program.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I was a mechanic for 30 years, before i went into computers. believe me the IT industry loves acronyms, but at least they define them prior to using them. i don't have alphaobd, so i'm not familiar with certain acronyms. yall could at least take a tip from the IT industry and give a clue as to what they mean. i suppose if i get the program i'll figure them out. just saying it would be courteous to define. who am i though, just someone who is at least a little bit curious about the program.
They are defined you putz and if you were a mechanic for 30 years you would know what they mean. The fact you dont means i am damn glad you never worked on anything I own.

If you are just too lazy to look up a few you don't know not our problem. Your lack of planning and effort do not constitute an obligation for the rest of us.

djlr55

Reaction score
Used the instructions here to adjust tire size and adjust tire pressure thresholds. Thanks for all the info so far!

Hopefully my info helps gives someone a starting point: For 295/65R20 @ 70PSI. Speedometer currently showing ~1mph fast at 60, input 2760mm into alfaobd.

Sam d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to change spash screen on my 7 inch evic under VehConfig 1: Special Features. Believe evic must be from 2015 or newer if thats what you were asking about.
I just tried to change it to laremie and now all hell broke loose and every dummy light is on that could be on and I have no idea how to fix the problem

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I just tried to change it to laremie and now all hell broke loose and every dummy light is on that could be on and I have no idea how to fix the problem
Did you download the base settings and save that file before changing stuff?. What all did you change? If ALL YOU CHANGED was the model, first step would be to put it back to the original model. If you changed a bunch of stuff print out the original settings and slowly work your way back to the original configuration. Start with the last change and work backwards to the first change.

Sam d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I changed a bunch of stuff yesterday such as adding cooled seats , Heated rear seats and I was playing with the milage. Everything was fine. Well with the exception of the milage. My truck has 29337 miles on it and I put it to 24000. It went to 14900. I been trying to correct it it but can only get it close. Anyway everything was fine other than that. Then I was trying to change the splash page and this happened. I put it back to bighorn but still everything is screwed up. One thing I want to point out though. When I was playing with the milage I just noticed it don't have the premium evic option. I think I done ****** up and going to have to pay big money at the dealership.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I changed a bunch of stuff yesterday such as adding cooled seats , Heated rear seats and I was playing with the milage. Everything was fine. Well with the exception of the milage. My truck has 29337 miles on it and I put it to 24000. It went to 14900. I been trying to correct it it but can only get it close. Anyway everything was fine other than that. Then I was trying to change the splash page and this happened. I put it back to bighorn but still everything is screwed up. One thing I want to point out though. When I was playing with the milage I just noticed it don't have the premium evic option. I think I done ****** up and going to have to pay big money at the dealership.
Playing with stuff for no good reason is a bad idea. Also some changes can take 2 or 3 days and a number of off and on cycles to show up, so I generally only change 1 or 2 things and wait a week to make any more changes.

Sam d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm certain it has something to do with not having the premium evic option on my alpha obd app. If i could at least figure that out i can get the evic back in order. And yeah I definitely should not have been playing with things that didn't need to be played with, lesson learned. I checked active codes and u1412 implausible vehicles speed signal keeps popping up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme