AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I read a lot of posts mentioning the alphaobd. What year Rsms will this work on and what is a ballpark cost on this? I am not sure as to what it actually is or the capabilities of whatever this is.

I believe it works on 06-19 (classic I believe has been confirmed and pretty sure some simple changes were made on the 5th gen new body style) I don't know what alphaobd is capable on 06-12 year's.

2018 2500 6.4L

Burns1200

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the speed at which trucks with air suspension (2014 Laramie) will put themselves into areo mode? right now it seems as if it will only lower at 105km/h (ish) Thanks

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can anybody confirm that the current android version of alfaobd is fixed for programming keys? I don’t think it was working for awhile and I want to do a couple more keys. Thanks.
I programmed 2 keys the other day. Using my Pixel 2 XL which apps are updated nightly if available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can AlfaOBD be used to disable or remove active grill shutters (AGS)? Motor went bad in the assembly and it is ridiculously expensive to replace.

Did anyone ever try to disable the shutters via AlfaOBD?

kkelley88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still no solution to the problem in the CSM section. Mine is also a 2013.I had a problem with the tilt in reverse and now just added a factory backup camera and cannot turn on the grid lines in the CSM menu. Was able to turn the camera on with no problem. Sent in another debug file today but never gotten any response for the ones I sent weeks ago from alfaobd?a3987e92d5cf0046796aa5cdc15430b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I also sent in a debug file, I'm hoping for a response soon.

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
My truck has the keyless enter and go system. When I get out of the truck with it running, the system starts dinging non-stop until I return. Drives my wife nuts. Is there a way to turn the beeping off? I turned off the seatbelt alert, but haven't found a setting for this one yet.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has the keyless enter and go system. When I get out of the truck with it running, the system starts dinging non-stop until I return. Drives my wife nuts. Is there a way to turn the beeping off? I turned off the seatbelt alert, but haven't found a setting for this one yet.
Not that I have seen. Along those same lines, I wish the truck would turn off if the brake was depressed and put into gear with the fob out of the vehicle.

kkelley88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just out of curiosity any Alfa users around salt lake City? I would like to try a different set to see if I get the same issue. I am using the window version and a cheaper obd reader then the recommended one.

LenniZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys, im getting ready to use the AlfaOBD on my 18 Ram. I already installed the Bypass harness, connected the OBDLink MX and downloaded the AlfaOBD app for Androids. What Body Computer option should i use since i dont see MY2018 PowerNet option available? Should i use the MY2016-17 PowerNet for my 2018? Thanks!

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hi guys, im getting ready to use the AlfaOBD on my 18 Ram. I already installed the Bypass harness, connected the OBDLink MX and downloaded the AlfaOBD app for Androids. What Body Computer option should i use since i dont see MY2018 PowerNet option available? Should i use the MY2016-17 PowerNet for my 2018? Thanks!
Yes use the MY2016-17 PowerNet

them0difier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What changes do you have planned? I also have 2018, and I’m in the process of purchasing all the needed alfaobd components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LenniZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What changes do you have planned? I also have 2018, and I’m in the process of purchasing all the needed alfaobd components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enable LED/HID low beams and high beams. Enable DRLs to run thru the amber turning signal. The dealership was able to enabled my DRLs at the time of purchase last year but thru a lower voltage on the low beams.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t forget to download your original config before you make any changes. This way you can refer back if something doesn’t work.

LenniZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t forget to download your original config before you make any changes. This way you can refer back if something doesn’t work.

Thanks for the reminder, i did watch a youtube video advising users to do this first just in case they run into any issues they can always go back to the original conf sheet. Thanks again!

LenniZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where do you get the alfaobd software

If you have an android phone or tablet just download it direct $49 or you can go to alfaobds website and download the windows version to use with your laptop