AlphaOBD options 2009 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTXJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve watched in here for a while and finally joined just recently to post. Ok so I am on the fence on the purchase of alpha. After looking here and many other online forums there is limited, as in like no reference to my model year and what features AlphaOBD supports. I’ve run it in demo to see what features are there.

Simple questions as to if the features actually work on a 2009.

1. There is an LED light option but not sure if it is the same as newer models to allow me to go LED without resisters. I’d rather pay for Alpha than install all kinds of resisters if possible. It mentions RT so not sure if it would work for my SLT or if the option even turns on.

ECEBFF1A-7152-409F-AC7A-3767F5D53C9F.jpeg

2. Tire size adjustment. There are some tires that are close in size, and I know I need some corrections based of radar on road signs showing about 10-20% error at slower speed. I’ve got 35s but not that particular brand I assume close enough in size to see some adjustments.

D0BFC9C7-FF1B-4BF2-B648-DC1C63D2362F.jpeg

There is also questions on the FOBIK programmed procedure that mentions running another thing, but then says if replacement of parts, so not quite sure if that extra step is needed if just adding a new FOBIK. I’m pretty cautious on changes and the documentation in Alpha goes about 70-80% of me knowing for sure I am doing the right thing.

There is also a mention of headlight voltages and don’t think that needs to be set if I plan to go to led. But an interesting option. Didn’t take a photo of last couple screens.

Just wondering if these features will work. No problem with buying but don’t want to be stuck spending time if the options are not well supported on older models like mine.

Thanks

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
It works fine on an '09, the only difference is the options the trucks were built with that limit what you can do. Even though the AlfaOBD thread say's it for 2013+, this software actually came out way before then, it was just a misunderstanding from the start.

OP
OP
G

GTXJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so those functions I mentioned above should work fine?
Seems to be a lack of documentation so sorry to ask the questions. I certainly see there are more features available on newer models as there are plenty of people that have shown that on utube video and such. Just can’t find anyone that has used it on an 09 like mine.

Led flasher and tail lights and tire size adjustment is the main thing I’d want. But the programming of keys would be nice too

Thanks

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
New Key FOBs worked fine for my 2010, so did tire size adjustment. As well as express windows down function, enabling the alarm, enable honk on lock also. I Don't have LEDs

Here is the other alfaobd thread for our early 4th Gens:

Tx210boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
It works fine on an '09, the only difference is the options the trucks were built with that limit what you can do. Even though the AlfaOBD thread say's it for 2013+, this software actually came out way before then, it was just a misunderstanding from the start.
Do you have the 4.7 or 5.7? I just got obdlinkMX+ and cant find very many options to make changes to my 09 4.7

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Do you have the 4.7 or 5.7? I just got obdlinkMX+ and cant find very many options to make changes to my 09 4.7

I have the 5.7. on my 2010, I've enabled the fog lamps on with high beams, swapped in heated and cooled seats, and converted the HVAC system to dual zone ATC. I knw I;ve done some other things, just can't remember them.