AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Inspired by the 4th Gen DIY AlfaOBD thread I wanted to call on any knowledge for the 2006 through 2012, in particular the cummins 6.7.

I mainly bought the app for Daytime Running Lamps, but I'm getting nowhere. I've been in conversations with a couple of forum members who have later models. It would be great if us fellow early model Ram owners could work together.

In addition to activating the DRL's I would like to monitor Trans temp, Turbo cool down temp and Regen (to name a few). I'm completely new to Diesels and could use some help with the appropriate choices to tick within the AlfaOBD app.

Thanks in advance.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I would suggest posting this in the Diesel section of the forum, in the "General" area of that forum. Much more information and knowledge on diesels hangs out there. technically your 09 is a gen 4 unit although it's a first year one, so [probably lots of gen 3 left in it.

Mike

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks Mike,

I PM'd a couple of members and this location was recommended. I'm open to a Mod moving it where it's best suited.

The more traffic on this particular year range the better.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I mainly bought the app for Daytime Running Lamps, but I'm getting nowhere.
I ordered the recommended OBDLink MX adapter and enabled the DRLs on the 1st try. This adapter is worth it. I've been using the Bafx Adapter and spent hours trying to set up the DRLs.

Do yourself a favor and get the OBDLink MX.

Next is to find the appropriate sensors in order to monitor Gas Exhaust temp, Turbo cool down temp and....

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks @Focker for starting this for '09+ Rams. While there should not be much difference, I don't know the ins/outs of the earlier year models. Hopefully any discoveries here will help other in their search. Linking to the OP of the Alfa thread for those looking.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From Alexey at AlfaOBD. I had inquired about drls and fogs on with high beans in particular...

"DRL and fogs configuration is available for RAM 2009-12 as the central gateway configuration settings. Currently the most important control units like engine, TCM, CGW, CCN, ABS, ORC, etc. are supported. I plan all the control modules supported within the next couple of months."

So I'm gonna pull the trigger and see what happens.

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
I ordered the recommended OBDLink MX adapter and enabled the DRLs on the 1st try. This adapter is worth it.

Question: Can the OBDLink MX be used to enable the parking lights as the DRLs?

My 2012 Laramie 1500 has 2016 projector headlights and I've been searching for forever for a way to activate the parking lights/turn signals as DRLs.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
The option exists but I haven't actually tried it.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

My 2012 Laramie 1500 has 2016 projector headlights and I've been searching for forever for a way to activate the parking lights/turn signals as DRLs.

On a 2012, it should enable signal lights as DRLs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Turn the key as far as it goes without starting the truck. This is called the Mar position.

Open AlfaOBD and complete the connection process.

Then...

SELECT CAR MODEL:
RAM 2500 (DJ/Dr)

SELECT FUNCTION:
BODY COMPUTER

SELECT CONTROL UNIT:
Central Gateway Module MY2006-12 Non-PowerNet

Select procedure to start:
"Car configuration change" (last option at the bottom of the menu)

Select option:
Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration (Set this to Canada)

Then...
Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Lamp Location (Set this to Turn Signal DRL)

Exit the app.
Remove the key.
Start the truck.
Put the truck into R or D.
Enjoy the DRLs.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had the software & OBD Link MX for a little while and just now got around to trying this thing out. The situation I have is, I installed leather seats from a 2011 Laramie (I have a 2012 Express) and my OEM seats had side airbags... the leather ones do not. Of course I didn’t think about that being an issue until I installed the new seats.

So, now I have an airbag fault light. This will fail PA state inspection so I need to find a way to get rid of this light. I connected to the airbags and I can’t see any options in AlfaOBD to remove them or turn the light off. I can clear the code, which will turn the light off, but it will just come back on again as soon as I start the truck. Looking through the alfaOBD app, I didn’t see any options to really do anything at all except read information.

Am I missing something or is the option to add/remove/turn on/turn off features/options not available for 09-12 yet? I paid the $50 for the full version but I don’t see a screen or icon to click on that will take me to a screen where I can turn stuff off or add stuff. Just a display that shows there’s a fault/open circuit in the driver & passenger side seat airbags.

My PA inspection is up at the end of this month so I need to get this taken care of. I’ve read that you can wire some resistors into the plug to close the circuit but I have no clue what I’m doing with that kind of stuff. I guess if worse comes to worse I can reinstall the front seats for the sake of state inspection, but I’d really like to be able to “remove” the front seat airbags if that’s possible.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The icon you're looking for is on the bottom right. It's a car with the hood up.

Yeah, I clicked on that but it’s not displaying any options to do anything. It’s all just read-only information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the version of your software version as well. Maybe there is an update that needs to be applied? Still shouldn't be doing that though. The only way (of course that was 13+) of that doing that was on the demo version after the trial ran out.

Boosted7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I registered just to get in on this thread (sucks there is so little info out there for the 06-12 trucks).

I've purchased a OBDlink adapter. Just have to buy the software now. Was hoping to get confirmation that you can disable the lamp out diagnoses for the hi/low beams, turn signals and tail lights before buying the software.

I've got a set of oem led sport tails and retrofitted oem projectors to install in my truck and would really like to avoid running resistors to keep everything happy.