Am I missing something with Android Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't agree with you on this one. I can't stand a company that invents a new screw type (pentalobe) just to prevent third party repair of their products. Apple is even serializing their parts to prevent someone from putting in a replacement part. Apple wants you to come to their store, and charge you so much money for repair that it becomes more economical to buy a new phone.
That's about as sorry a business model as BMW charging monthly subscriptions to keep certain options activated. No pay, no heated seats.

To stay on topic, we had nothing but problems with AA on the wife's Caddy. Mainly, it pulls my phone battery down so hard I have to keep it plugged in. Even then, it discharges (albeit slowly) when AA is connected. Waze is much easier on a phone battery...

Russ

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Correct, but if you read the OP's 1st post, the context was wireless AA on Uconnect 5.
Y3s, I know that. But pluggingnit Is still an option and gets him around any issues caused by his VPN.

vlamgat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I read on an Android Help site that AA is being discontinued by Google and replaced. The replacement is not available yet so that we should expect continuing and declining functionality for AA. Anyone else seen this?

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I read on an Android Help site that AA is being discontinued by Google and replaced. The replacement is not available yet so that we should expect continuing and declining functionality for AA. Anyone else seen this?
No, have a link?

OP
OP
jejb

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd also read about that somewhere. But it seems those rumors are probably wrong.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Yes, I went into the list on my phone. It was pretty short. GasBuddy was not listed on mine. Does anyone get it to show up on a uConnect system?

I looked at the linked list. Thanks for posting it. But it's kind of funny that they allow FB and Whatsapp messaging if their goal is to only allow apps that are not distracting. And NPR and The NYT? Yuck!

HEY! HEY!
Watch it.

I love me some NPR.

Wait...Wait, Don't Tell me
You were kidding.

Good One. Had me there, for a second.

OP
OP
jejb

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No, not kidding. Never been a fan of NPR, even back in the day before they became so one sided.

I've just kind of given up on AA on my uConnect 5 system. Only really want Google Maps on the big screen on long trips, but I'll just live with it running on the phone. Not worth the downsides, in my experience/opinion.