am i on the right path "no boost and no power wont go over 15mph"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunoh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cumins td
needing help on figure this out although ive got it narrowed down and have allready purchased a 2 gen swap from fleece pe.
i have a lot of things going on in my life right now and not for the good or better either i sold all my other vehicles and kept my 2011 ram 2500 hd because i haul alot of stuff but recently its went a little farther south for me. so i need this thing up and running and reliable. im in the military and being able to make it to work on time is kind of important to me.

as far as to whats done with it
egr delete
dpf delete
throttle vlv delete
banks monster ram 3.5 intake elbow
5" straight turbo back
bully dog gt tuner
4.11 gears

24-30mpg highway, if its flat and 55-60 mph ive got 34mpg.

recently i was pulling out of the parking lot and made it 60 ft to the stop sign went to move and the truck sounded like a f18 taking off. no power on throttle throwing no codes for the turbo self but one for boost pressure not deteched and the ones for the deletes i have done.

i have allready replace the turbo once in this truck because the vgt nozzles fell out of cal. and was told it would be best to do an upgraded holset vgt set up and 3400 dollars and 18342 miles later im sure the nozzles in this one seized posssibly because of a dirty turbowhich is why i have just ordered a 2 gen swap.

while t/s this issue i noticed there was a high pitch ring with a beeping coming from the turbo
i uninstalled the tuner and the problem went away and and drove it 1.25 mi before it did the same thing. i then changed out the map sensor and nothing changed.

what im wanting the help with is determining if the turbo really is the problem considering it is not throwing a single code for the vgt turbo. and wanted opinions for the 2 gen swap, regardless ive already bought it. because i have lost all faith in the vgt systems on these new rams.

i do plan on rebuilding the vgt and keeping it as a spare

thanks