Another Speaker Replacement Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lemonade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I've read through most of the speaker replacement threads here. I have the 8.4" without the Alpine speakers. I have an idea that I need some input on.
Since the radio provides a crossover split for the dash and the door speakers could I:

1. Replace the door speakers with component woofers and mount the tweeters in the dash?
2. Does the frequency cutoff on the dash go too low?
3. Use component woofers and just replace the dash with 3.5" two ways (not installing the tweeters included in component system)?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I would put the tweeters in the sail panels. I didn’t like the sound when I upgraded speakers in the dash it sounded harsh to me bouncing off the windshield

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Since the radio provides a crossover split for the dash and the door speakers
In the Base 6 speaker system, the door and dash speakers are wired in parallel to the same front output of the radio. The factory dash "tweeter" has the crossover built right on the speaker itself.
I switched the the Mopar factory replacement Kicker speakers, the 77KICK28ab for the fronts, it includes the"tweeter" for the dash opening which have a built on crossovers also. Taste is subjective but they sound good and they're Plug-n-Play

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovtra