Antenna delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Antenna delete:

1st world problem. I have a subscription to unlimited car washing. The issue is, they or me has to remove the AM/FM antenna before washing. It is a real hassle, I avoid washing the truck just cause I know I'll have to reinstall the antenna after.

So, my first solution was to install a small "Bullit" antenna. That really sucked as I lost range and lost HD channels unless I was actually in the city.

Options:

Power antenna. Not even sure if that would physically fit RAM. And I have an air compressor mounted near that spot.

window antenna. looking at antennas that stick to the window.

issues:

the 8.4 radio uses a Fakra Z Jack for antennas (am/fm xm cell GPS). I'm looking for a solution that uses that connector.

I'm sure that big metal rod antenna has bugged many others and someone must have already gone through the discovery process on deleting the antenna. I'm looking for that "joe" that already spent hours and dollars removing the factory unit.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The car wash I am employed by has free vacuums. The guys who remove their antenna reinstall in the vacuum area then vacuum and push the mirrors back out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk