Any air intake systems for 2019. Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m not too concerned about gas mileage (I’m getting 18.8mpg combined right now with my 3.92s). I was hoping the truck had a little sound change under the hood at start up and idle, plus the obvious sound increase at WOT. With the Borla muffler, the front definitely sounds awkward lol.

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Borla is should wake the truck up. I had one on my 2016 and it sounded great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
S&B just released a DIY FYI to those of you constantly waiting on Mopar to correct their designed fitment issues(they didn't account for etorque). The resonator box is absolutely massive compared to the Gen 4s.

S&B finally improved the clear acrylic seating by incorporating a flexible 1/8" silicone weather seal, probably tired of sending out replacements!

Last edited:

Battleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
058D6BBF-F0D1-496E-B871-822CB4E6428F.jpeg Go with the VARARAM air grabber. I have one and it’s the best caí I’ve ever owned.

Battleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moes should be able to hook you up

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Vararam air grabber will work , I ordered one today for my 19 rebel

Have you found a pre filter for the grabber? I read on another post that they still tend to suck water and another member had a custom prefilter made for the odd shaped filter in the kit.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Amazing to someone like me who is considering buying a 2019 Ram that I need to buy an aftermarket air intake system for it. Now such problems with the trucks built by Chevy, Ford, or Toyota. Guess I should wait for the 2020 trucks and see if they fix this terrible defect.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Amazing to someone like me who is considering buying a 2019 Ram that I need to buy an aftermarket air intake system for it. Now such problems with the trucks built by Chevy, Ford, or Toyota. Guess I should wait for the 2020 trucks and see if they fix this terrible defect.

What terrible defect? The truck certainly runs fine and as advertised with the stock air intake. You definitely don't "need" to buy an aftermarket intake. Enthusiasts like the sound, look and performance gain (although minimal) of CAI's, especially when combined with other mods like exhaust and tunes. This is no different on Chevy's and Fords. My dad has a 2019 Sierra Denali and already has a Borla exhaust and factory GM performance air intake. There wasn't a "need" to do it but a lot of us enjoy the modding.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. I could not have worded this better, I would also like to hear about this “ defect “ that as a NON Ram owner he knows about.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What terrible defect? The truck certainly runs fine and as advertised with the stock air intake. You definitely don't "need" to buy an aftermarket intake. Enthusiasts like the sound, look and performance gain (although minimal) of CAI's, especially when combined with other mods like exhaust and tunes. This is no different on Chevy's and Fords. My dad has a 2019 Sierra Denali and already has a Borla exhaust and factory GM performance air intake. There wasn't a "need" to do it but a lot of us enjoy the modding.

Count me in for wanting to know what the defect is...haven't touched my intake on the last 3 rams I've had, and they've been just fine.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What terrible defect? The truck certainly runs fine and as advertised with the stock air intake. You definitely don't "need" to buy an aftermarket intake.

I've got the stock intake still & I'm not complaining about power. Anybody can look back at my posts & I've clearly said I like the way the Mopar Ram Airflow intake looks. That's my #1 reason for wanting it. Even if Mopar claims no performance improvement, I don't care. I just want that style of intake.

Paulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram
Spoke with dealer yesterday and once again MOPAR has slipped the release date of that cool looking CAI. Anyone else not getting a warm fuzzy n this? Thinking about opting in with K&N 77-1578KP. Thoughts? &N is half the price too. Maybe use the savings and some lunch money to buy Catback exhaust.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Why the K&N over the S&B? Just curious. I've been leaning towards the S&B. Just hoping the sound is decent from it.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Why the K&N over the S&B? Just curious. I've been leaning towards the S&B. Just hoping the sound is decent from it.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spoke with dealer yesterday and once again MOPAR has slipped the release date of that cool looking CAI. Anyone else not getting a warm fuzzy n this? Thinking about opting in with K&N 77-1578KP. Thoughts? &N is half the price too. Maybe use the savings and some lunch money to buy Catback exhaust.

My only issue with K&N is that you have to oil their gauze filters. I remember Fram tried to make a high flow filter that didn't need to use any special oil, the AirHog. The closest I think that is made now are from AEM. *checks AEM's website* Ah crap! It looks like the same company that owns K&N also owns AEM. Their websites are practically identical. It doesn't matter anyway. The AEM website only shows a replacement filter for the stock filter box.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get dry filters on most CAI kits now. The filter types are optional. AFE has some really nice intakes and you can get them with dry or oiled.

Contact us for pricing on anything we offer most intake brands!