Any experience with Nexen Roadian MTX Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m considering purchasing a set (37x12.5/70R17, load range F) for my 2019 PW with AEV Ram Katla wheels. I had never heard of the Korean Nexen brand before yesterday. I know a lot of good tires come out of Korea but this one is an unknown.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I think NEXEN is the OE tire used on one of the big 3 HD trucks. It was here on Ram Forum, I think, someone posted about an OE NEXEN tire had a catastrphoic failure; picture looked like it went through a shredder. Of course any tire can, and does fail. I looked at them too when looking tire upgrade. More positive reviews than bad.

Only way to know is buy and try. If they don't meet expectations, sell them and go with another choice. I ran the Dura Tracs for quite some time and they did okay. Currently running 35" Toyo CTs on AEV Saltas and no complaints.

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Roadian HTX that came with the truck. They are wearing sort of well. Currently at 12k; I do need to rotate....as the rear are getting worn down a little faster than the fronts.

I had Nexan Roadian HTXs on my previous vehicle (Santa Fe). I put 40k on those tires...and they just started to show some wear. Plenty of tread left.

If I wear out these tires on my Ram, I will certainly buy another set. Both vehicles have rode very quiet with them, have plenty of traction and the wear rate is low.