Anyone Added Rear Footwell Lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As the title states. For those that have done it. What is the process? I have a cheap express so mine doesn't have the factory wiring below the seats. About to do the front and want something for the rear.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Odd, my Express has wiring to the plugs under the back seats.
Try doing a search on here for footwell lights. I know I read some threads a while back

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Try doing a search on here for footwell lights. I know I read some threads a while back

All these trucks have wiring for things that aren’t equipped. Go where the subwoofer would be on a Alpine equipped truck, and you’ll feel the connector and a wire glued down. There’s wiring for HomeLink, front parking sensors, (they have to be enabled with alfaobd after of course) but you catch my point.

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All these trucks have wiring for things that aren’t equipped. Go where the subwoofer would be on a Alpine equipped truck, and you’ll feel the connector and a wire glued down. There’s wiring for HomeLink, front parking sensors, (they have to be enabled with alfaobd after of course) but you catch my point.

Yea my truck has the grey plug under the seat. But that's it. There no factory wiring plugged into it going anywhere.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has wired plugs.
I looked under the hood for a plug for the under hood light but NOPE, no such luck. I’ll just wire up a led with a pressure switch.
I haven’t checked yet if I’ve got hidden wires for a bed light but I’ve ordered led strips for the bed anyway.

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
ya i got a 2017 express and have the gray conectors but no wires.looking to add some lights to the back seat

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My 2015 SLT has the Wired connector under the back seat ! I just wired a connector to a a Set of LEDs ! Also had the wiring under the hood and glove box. All worked :)
I would look under the carpet to see if the wires are there !

Seat Light 2.jpg

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Mine has wired plugs.
I looked under the hood for a plug for the under hood light but NOPE, no such luck. I’ll just wire up a led with a pressure switch.
I haven’t checked yet if I’ve got hidden wires for a bed light but I’ve ordered led strips for the bed anyway.

Probably depends on model year, but my 2013 SLT has literally every connector, they’re connected to dummy plugs but they’re there. There’s like 10 wires under the steering wheel in that general area connected to nothing though.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Occasionally I find a wire to nowhere on my 2500 Tradesman, someday going to figure than out as I read about some nice mods on here.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My 2015 SLT has the Wired connector under the back seat ! I just wired a connector to a a Set of LEDs ! Also had the wiring under the hood and glove box. All worked :)
I would look under the carpet to see if the wires are there !

Where exactly is the plug located? I have a big
Horn with the underseat storage.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Where exactly is the plug located? I have a big
Horn with the underseat storage.
Mine were by the rear seat legs by the back on my 2015 SLT

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought this plug n play set of LED strip lights. I chose these ones because the control box can be hidden and the remote can still work with it. Some of the other brands there had to be a direct line of sight from the remote to the control box sensor.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073TK9MXQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A question on the placement of the LED strips. On the passenger side there is a small area where I think the strip will fit right where the glove box ends. I'm concerned though that if I place the strip there that the glove box when open will crush or damage the LED strip.

Ray McLain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My under the hood wire plug was on the firewall coiled and tapped up

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I had a wiring plug just sitting under there on both sides. Pulled the bulb harness from a 2009 grand Cherokee and it plugged right in. Everything plugged in like factory.

kstill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is very strange. I have the plug under my backseat also with no wires going to it. That's crazy. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I had the plug under the back seat and in engine compartment. Just plugged the lights in and all worked ! Later models they saved 10cents and did not run wire

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the plug under the back seat and in engine compartment. Just plugged the lights in and all worked ! Later models they saved 10cents and did not run wire
On MY 19 early build DT Bighorn, NO plug under the seats for lighting and NO plug under the hood for a Hood Light, imagine that. I could run a jumper from battery or wherever, but think My 1000 lumen flashlight be brighter if ever needed, LOL.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
On MY 19 early build DT Bighorn, NO plug under the seats for lighting and NO plug under the hood for a Hood Light, imagine that.
The bean counters are saving $$$ They saved 50 cents