Anyone ever dye their headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Due to the leaks my truck experienced in the first couple years it stained my headliner and despite the dealer sending my truck for “cleaning” it didn’t do squat.

I got to thinkin.... could I use a fabric dye on the headliner ? I would have to do it while the headliner is in the truck as I can’t remover it.

IMO all headliners should be black. Having light coloured ones is just plain sllly. They get gross even with me being a clean freak [emoji2369].

60% of the time it works every time....

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try this, looks like you might be able to do it in place. They say it's non toxic.

https://www.fabricspraypaint.com

From their site...
Simply Spray Fabric Spray Dye is an easy-to-use aerosol spray-on dye for water absorbent fabrics. It is a non-toxic, fume-free, and permanent dye. Paint your furniture, car interior, fabric cushions, lampshades, office cubicle dividers, patio umbrellas, and more. It dries softly and will not transfer to clothing. Renew your faded materials today.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Try this, looks like you might be able to do it in place. They say it's non toxic.

https://www.fabricspraypaint.com

From their site...
Simply Spray Fabric Spray Dye is an easy-to-use aerosol spray-on dye for water absorbent fabrics. It is a non-toxic, fume-free, and permanent dye. Paint your furniture, car interior, fabric cushions, lampshades, office cubicle dividers, patio umbrellas, and more. It dries softly and will not transfer to clothing. Renew your faded materials today.

Thanks! I’ll look into it!

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
another thing i seen guys doing from the facebook groups in doing flags on there head linner looks wicked .

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
another thing i seen guys doing from the facebook groups in doing flags on there head linner looks wicked .
Id love to see this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
ill see if i can find it

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Due to the leaks my truck experienced in the first couple years it stained my headliner and despite the dealer sending my truck for “cleaning” it didn’t do squat.

I got to thinkin.... could I use a fabric dye on the headliner ? I would have to do it while the headliner is in the truck as I can’t remover it.

IMO all headliners should be black. Having light coloured ones is just plain sllly. They get gross even with me being a clean freak [emoji2369].

This thread might help...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i did a headliner spray on vinyl dye on a vw van two years ago...the end result was great, but the fumes and overspray was intense..may have a better result and live longer if you remove the headliner first...of course, at that point it may make more sense to just recover it

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i did a headliner spray on vinyl dye on a vw van two years ago...the end result was great, but the fumes and overspray was intense..may have a better result and live longer if you remove the headliner first...of course, at that point it may make more sense to just recover it

Lol. Thanks! I was hoping for maybe a roll on thing but looks like I’ll be stuck with a stained beige liner.....

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
seen guys on facebook groups useing flags looks wicked

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would look for a wrecked truck and pull liner out of that. Bit of work, but better than seeing stain every day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat