Tranny??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgoetz1182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
**(Photos added for any help)***

So back in January, I dropped my PreOwned 2011 1500 sport with Hemi 5.7 off at a Trans Shop, recommended by 2 friends. I had one month left on my extended warranty and issues surfaced. Shifting was off, acceleration was off, I’d hit the gas and nothing. Supposedly they fixed it, warranty company paid them over $2500 but they would wouldn’t give me a new transmission? After pick up, it still felt off. Not smooth or normal. (Reminder- I use my work truck a lot so I didn’t put many miles on it)

Check engine light came back on. Shifting is off again, power acceleration is so sluggish, I slam my foot on the floor and it barely moves. There’s times I’ll be driving on a highway, lay off the gas pedal and then go to accelerate again and nothing! No gas or accelerating/reaction from pedal to engine… delayed.

I bring the truck back, they replaced the oil control valve and sensor under the intake, said the mesh screen was missing? Said they flushed the engine but didn’t find anything? Told me to drive it and drive it. But I can’t drive it that much if the acceleration isn’t there….!?

Now he’s telling me my time chain may be stretched and they may have to do further diagnostic under the timing cover…!?

In my unprofessional opinion, the truck was never repaired properly. *Important information- my truck was at their shop for 7 weeks, it was also swiped by a plow during snow storm and had another week in the body shop!*.

I’ve spent ALOT of $$$$ on this truck for a 2011 PreOwned truck since 2019. Basic brakes and rotors, tires, starter, serpentine belt, battery, cam shaft, lifters/risers, gaskets and the whole nine, etc…. Now this engine/tranny problem for the last 6-9 months.

I am not a mechanic and know the bare minimum when it comes to engines and trannys. Does ANY of my story make any sense or sound like issues/repairs you’ve had or experienced!?

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time, reading and hopefully replying.

Attachments

• AC16AE7D-01B4-4859-9114-2EBCB2FF196B.jpeg
    AC16AE7D-01B4-4859-9114-2EBCB2FF196B.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2298F699-08DA-480F-9AEB-63E9CF108115.jpeg
    2298F699-08DA-480F-9AEB-63E9CF108115.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
  • ED1DAB9F-7049-4F2B-B6B5-829B0BD84AF4.jpeg
    ED1DAB9F-7049-4F2B-B6B5-829B0BD84AF4.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 3

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So it sounds like the warranty company is paying so far, i'd just trust the process and keep bringing it in until it's right. If you get it right, or when you get it right, those years rams may be the best trucks ever made, they don't make them like that anymore. If you have a themro valve for your rfe, you can delete it after the fix it, get temps down. What temps on the evic does your rfe operate at? I think between 2010-2014 ram won truck of the year 3 years, they really are better then anything in those years and also cost less.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So it sounds like the warranty company is paying so far, i'd just trust the process and keep bringing it in until it's right. If you get it right, or when you get it right, those years rams may be the best trucks ever made, they don't make them like that anymore. If you have a themro valve for your rfe, you can delete it after the fix it, get temps down. What temps on the evic does your rfe operate at? I think between 2010-2014 ram won truck of the year 3 years, they really are better then anything in those years and also cost less.
I have to agree here. The only issues mine has ever had was the Hemi Tick briefly, the driver seat motor went out, and 1 TPMS went out.

OP
OP
B

bgoetz1182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My warranty expired 2/15/21 so my warranty coverage is gone now. I honestly have no idea what the RFE is… I know nothing about cars/trucks. I honestly wish I knew more. I’ve had NOTHING but problems with this truck.