Anyone ever get a Ram with missing trim on one side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blakestyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey everyone, I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited, bought brand new about 6 months back.

I just noticed the other day that my truck does not have the chrome Limited trim line beneath the "Ram" emblem that runs between the front and back wheel wells on both sides. It only has it on the drivers' side. I thought maybe this was some sort of deliberate assymetrical design (putting it only on the drivers side), but after looking at some other new 2021 Limiteds that are listed online, obviously that is not the case.

I'm thinking it was just an error at the factory? It'd be easy to overlook (took me 6 months to notice) - has anyone ever heard of something like this? I attached an example of what's missing from my truck. Ram.PNG

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry, that's a new one for me. Hopefully your dealer can take care of this for you.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like someone took a nap on the assembly line. At least it's better than it used to be.

Someone who worked with me back in the late 70's bought a Dodge Aspen. After a few days, she noticed that it had an Aspen badge on the drivers side front fender, and a Volare badge on the passenger side (Volare was the Plymouth version). Wasn't Chryslers best time for quality.

Asppen 1.jpg

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hopefully the dealer will take care that missing trim.
As for the Aspen back in the 70s they should probably be happy it ran.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
When I bought my 2014 2500 new I drove 100 miles home from the dealer. After a few days I go out to pinstripe and notice my 6.4 hemi had 5.7 emblems. After a quick look under the hood I had the dealer send me the correct emblems rather drive it back to get them replaced.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Strange, but I would count yourself lucky, you don't have that extra 'rust' magnet on the side :)
(depending on your location)

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
A coworker of mine bought a 2019 classic. It has the Hemi 5.7L on the front passenger fender, drivers fender is blank.

The truck is a V6. Must've been weed:30 when it went through the badging process.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When my new 1970 Plymouth GTX arrived, it was missing the R/F chrome wheel lip molding, and the "teeth" decal on one side of the air grabber. Just one of those what the heck things..

Dannyb3051

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you dig deep it’s an option . Or at least it was on my 21 longhorn limited. You can order the moldings, I think they are 90.00 each.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My truck was supposed to have the black badge package but the passenger side made it out of the factory with chrome badges. The dealer took the badge replacement cost off the price of the truck and I removed them all anyway.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is not Ram but Chevy/GMC about emblems switch. A local farmer wsnted a heavy duty GMC pickup for farm use but the deer got him a Chevy with the same options and color. When the guy went to get the new truck he refused it because it wasn't a GMC. The dealers rebadged it with GMC emblems and called him to pick up his new truck. Same truck different emblems. Thats why I'd never buy GM crap!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
When my new 1970 Plymouth GTX arrived, it was missing the R/F chrome wheel lip molding, and the "teeth" decal on one side of the air grabber. Just one of those what the heck things..
I'd love to have one of those again, I'd be glad to put the chrome molding and the air grabber decal on it. I've had 3 '70 GTX's, what I'd give for just 1 more! My favorite car, only 2nd to a '70 Superbird!

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Reminds me of a co-worker that bought a then new 1994 RAM with the V6. Drivers side had a V6 Magnum badge and the passenger side had the V8 Magnum badge.

He never notice it until I pointed it out to him. He joke that he must have the rare "V7" model.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Three 1970 Plymouth GTX's, I'm impressed. The wheel trim molding was an easy fix after it was ordered. The air grabber decal could not be had for years. Dealer tried hard to get one, but eventually I found one. This was my daily driver, so the Superbird would not work for me, but I love that car. Actually my 67 Plymouth GTX was my favorite.