Anyone here have a bedrug? Do you like it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver2door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,I had one a few years back . Loved it. When I bought my 2015 ram ,being a little on the frugal side I went to the dollar store and bought a $20 rug, cut out for the wheel wells and it works great. If there is something at the front of the bed I need, I grap the rug and pull it to me . Even bags of chicken feed. Might want to consider this idea. I put the rug on top of the spray in liner the PO installed. Cheers

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t have a bed rug, but I do have the Mopar rubber bed mat on top of the spray in liner. It’s about 3/8-1/2” thick with the ram logo in the centre. Tough as hell and non slip. Fits like a glove and easy to clean. Comes up really well with tire cleaner. Comes with a tailgate liner as well that screws on with self tappers. I didn’t put mine on because I’m leery of screwing into the tailgate.
upload_2019-8-27_12-51-14.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,I had one a few years back . Loved it. When I bought my 2015 ram ,being a little on the frugal side I went to the dollar store and bought a $20 rug, cut out for the wheel wells and it works great. If there is something at the front of the bed I need, I grap the rug and pull it to me . Even bags of chicken feed. Might want to consider this idea. I put the rug on top of the spray in liner the PO installed. Cheers
I actually considered this idea too, but I'm probably more lazy than frugal these days. I can afford to buy the bedrug - mat or full one - and I like the fact that the ribs are cut to "fill in the blanks" on the raised ribs in the bed.

I'm sure the actual product probably costs $20 to make, but someone's got to make it. I don't mind buying the real thing because if no one ever buys anything then in short order there won't be anything to buy. I got rental properties to keep filled - I need this economy to keep on humming, so I'll do my part :rockit::D:cheers:

Charles Franklin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys & gals!

I'm considering buying a bed rug for my Ram. I have a truck shell on the back, which I love. I also have a spray-in bedliner, which is nice, but really hard on my knees and ankles when crawling up in there to get stuff in/out. It's also a little abrasive on some stuff you might want to slide in and out of the bed without scratching it all up.

So I'm looking at the bedrug bottom only, as well as the gator one bottom only. I'm curious how those of you who have this thing like it or don't like it. I carry mostly power tools and supplies in the back of my truck - chop saw, table saw, etc. Also plumbing/electrical supplies, sometimes lumber (I have a hitch extender). Once in a while leftover trash. Sometimes I leave the tailgate down to carry the longer stuff.

How well does this thing work to hold things in place? Can you slide stuff in easily without worrying about it sliding all over the place when you *don't* want it to move? How easy is it to clean when you do get stuff in there - I don't carry much dirt or stuff like that but sawdust tends to accumulate because of the saws.

If anyone has any pics of this in their truck that would be great too!

Charles Franklin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys & gals!

I'm considering buying a bed rug for my Ram. I have a truck shell on the back, which I love. I also have a spray-in bedliner, which is nice, but really hard on my knees and ankles when crawling up in there to get stuff in/out. It's also a little abrasive on some stuff you might want to slide in and out of the bed without scratching it all up.

So I'm looking at the bedrug bottom only, as well as the gator one bottom only. I'm curious how those of you who have this thing like it or don't like it. I carry mostly power tools and supplies in the back of my truck - chop saw, table saw, etc. Also plumbing/electrical supplies, sometimes lumber (I have a hitch extender). Once in a while leftover trash. Sometimes I leave the tailgate down to carry the longer stuff.

How well does this thing work to hold things in place? Can you slide stuff in easily without worrying about it sliding all over the place when you *don't* want it to move? How easy is it to clean when you do get stuff in there - I don't carry much dirt or stuff like that but sawdust tends to accumulate because of the saws.

I really like the bed rug. This is my second Ram and I transferred the bed rug from the old (2014.) I use my truck primarily for travel as we are retired. I installed a Leer cap over the bed to keep everything dry. One thing I do is apply a strip of the hook portion of Velcro to the first aid kit and other light boxes I keep in the truck bed. This makes them stay in place. Just a couple of inches seems to hold the boxes.

Last edited:

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the gator mat only, no plastic or spray in liner. The gator mat will keep most things in place (unless making hard launches from stop lights, or the christmas tree at the track). I have found that anything with a little weight and or a descent footprint will stay where I put it. I have a tote/foot locker (i.e. sits like locker but has a removable lid like a tote) it has wheels on one end so when you tip it up at an angle it rolls. I roll it against the cab and it stays there until I pull it out. I have a canvas type bag that holds 5 folding/collapsible road cones that sits against the tailgate. It does not move when I brake, turn "hard", etc. In short, for the tools you listed it should be almost as good as having them locked down to the bed. And yes the rubber mat is a lot nicer to crawl on and gives a fairly good cushion to the old knees.

Also I ordered mine for the 6.4 bed and it is cut so that it fits in around the wheel wells, etc.
For under $90, and no need for any type of liner as I do not haul much that would go up the wall, i.e. gravel, dirt, mulch, just some wood from Lowes or HD, so the mat was perfect and cost effective.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You all have some really good ideas! I'll have to steal the Velcro idea, I can see that working great on a bedrug, and I think I'll get one of those wheeled totes for my tools. After I took my toolbox off I've had to scratch my head a few times trying to figure out how to carry the stuff I want with me all the time. I have an idea in my head for building a shelf across the front wall using the 2x6 cutouts so I can keep the bottom free for lumber and stuff like that, but as with most things I haven't "got a round tuit yet". :king:
Man, this site has some great emoticons!

wepuckett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
I have a bed rug in my 03 hadit put in in 07 and mine is an open bed and put anything and everything in the bed, the tailgate piece started to tear along the seem 2 years ago so ripped it off and now the bed is starting to rip. So even with use and abuse got over a decade out of it

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had three and love them. They look good and are easy to clean with a water hose and pressure nozzle .

DieselGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6
Hey guys & gals!

I have a rubber mat made by Titan tanks in my 3500 SRW. This really works great. Things do not slide around much, but you still should always secure your load. This mat is easy on your knees and your truck bed. From the pic, you can see it is a little long, as it came out of my Titan XD; no big deal for me.upload_2019-8-27_23-15-18.png

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
absolutely love mine.. i've gotten tons of compliments as well

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio