Anyone Installed lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to see if anyone installed their own 6 in lift from RCX? How hard and complex is it? Was looking at the install and it doesnt look that hard.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
It's not hard at all. You will definitely need some good jack stands so you can get the front end off the ground high enough to install the cross members and steering knuckles. Also, make sure you get someone to help you when you are lowering the front diff. Take your time and it will be easy.

OP
OP
G

gibby252006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be looking at taking it on the military maintenance shop and they have every tool I would need and lifts. Just wanting to get everyone opinion on doing it?

Soundwave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a shop and a buddy it's moderate. Having an extra set of hands made it fun. Took 8 hours with a few breaks, and going slow. Knowing that it's all together by your quality standards feels great compared to having someone do it for you.

I personally wouldn't do it on jack stands. Probably would have taken extra day in my garage.

Roguebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be looking at taking it on the military maintenance shop and they have every tool I would need and lifts. Just wanting to get everyone opinion on doing it?

just asking your not at FT benning are ya :) I know someone that goes by gibby

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I know it wasn't a Ram, but installed a RC 6" lift on my old B2300. Was easy as hell. As was said, just make sure you have some quality jack stands and your golden!