Lift/tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amberlyn77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L 6-cylinder diesel
Hey guys. About 6 months ago I purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Diesel. He said it had no lift, but it has 20" rims and 37" tires. I had to purchase new tires shortly after. I went with the same size, but got the Nitto brand. Last week I ended up with a flat, that was actually a cracked rim. They only had 2 types of Fuel rims in stock and I needed rims. So I bought 4 new rims, same size as my old set. Apparently the offset is different? The Tires were rubbing my frame. So I installed 2 inch spacers, and now they rub my fender (closest to my door). Do I need to lift it? Is there a way I can see if it has a level kit installed? I really have no idea. Please help.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nobody will be able to tell without at least seeing some pictures of it. Post up pics of the entire truck from several angles, as well as pics of the front and rear suspension. Then we can give you some guesses!

You shouldnt need any spacers with aftermarket wheels. What is the wheel width and offset/backspacing? I would take the spacers off and let it rub the frame/sway bar…that dosnt hurt anything.

If you were clearing 37’s on a 2011 originally, i would venture to say there is some type of lift on it.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You just bought the wrong offset wheels and then the wrong spacers. You need to buy the correct size spacers to match the offset of your old wheels. If it originally didn’t rub then there’s no reason to lift it.