Anyone seen this yet???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Seen it? I have one! I tow three different trailers with different weights all the time, so this has been invaluable to me. It works reliably with stock trucks, I can’t speak to aftermarket stuff. The tow weight is usually within 10-15% of actual when I do have it on a scale, and payload can be within 100lbs depending on what I’m loading up and how. It’s pretty amazing how well it works really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17Delmonico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one, too. I don't have a scale available to weigh my trailer, but the numbers do line up with what I estimate, and the tongue and bed weights are accurate.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
gen y hitch makes a receiver with a gauge built in but that will only show tongue weight
TFL Truck uses / promotes it on there IKE tests

this app is interesting if it is actually accurate across a WIDE range of uses / vehicles

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Well, I HADN'T seen it before. Looks like one more thing for my list of wants now.

I saw this video review, guy checks his truck, and two different trailers using a CAT scale, and the Haul Gauge. Sounds accurate enough for me anyway..

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sweet. I'm surprised the OEM's do not include these features on their displays. The only down with this unit is it needs to plug into the OBD port. It is an issue for those that use the port to monitor engine data while towing.

FYI, I was looking over the compatibility FAQ and discovered the vehicle's pitch is used to calculate payload, tongue weight, pin weight, and weight distribution. If you have RAM's rear air leveling system HallGuage isn't for you unless you can find a way to disable the auto-leveling feature. They do list a work-around but it is impractical IMO.

Here is the link to HallGauge's compatibility FAQ. https://www.haulgauge.com/compatibility/

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet. I'm surprised the OEM's do not include these features on their displays. The only down with this unit is it needs to plug into the OBD port. It is an issue for those that use the port to monitor engine data while towing.

FYI, I was looking over the compatibility FAQ and discovered the vehicle's pitch is used to calculate payload, tongue weight, pin weight, and weight distribution. If you have RAM's rear air leveling system HallGuage isn't for you unless you can find a way to disable the auto-leveling feature. They do list a work-around but it is impractical IMO.

Here is the link to HallGauge's compatibility FAQ. https://www.haulgauge.com/compatibility/

Interesting to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really cool gadget but not something I would spend $100 on.
Here are a few reasons why.
The app doesn't know where the payload is in relation to the rear axle which will greatly affect the readings.
You can accomplish the payload and tongue weight with a simple level app on your phone, a few known weights and a little math to create a formula.
Total weight of what your pulling should be known before you ever connect the trailer.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Interested in why you think that it's impractical?

From what I read, you can put it in "tire jack mode" and do the calibration and figure your weights out. After that, you know your weights so you turn the leveling feature back on.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Interested in why you think that it's impractical?

From what I read, you can put it in "tire jack mode" and do the calibration and figure your weights out. After that, you know your weights so you turn the leveling feature back on.

I did say IMO, it is clearly subjective.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love it. It's going on my Christmas list. Based on those two videos, the reviews in here and a few on an RV forum I belong to, it seems like it works and the customer support is excellent.