Apparently Cooper doesn't like truthful reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Thanks again,
coopertire

So far awesome!
I wouldn’t normally do a review with only 1000 miles of use so I will come back down the road to update. The reason I am doing this is because these tires have exceeded my expectations in cornering especially in off camber turns as well as wet driving in comparison to my previous tires the Discoverer AT3’s. I was able to drive with confidence for over 50 miles this week while having downpours from Hurricane Ida in NJ at speeds up to 65. My old AT3’s were horrible in both the corners and rain. They were so bad in rain I was afraid to go above 50 on the highway because they hydroplaned. This seems to be the exception but was my experience. If the Rugged Trek’s perform well in snow I will have hit the trifecta of tire attributes that mean the most to me! I had used p275/60 r 20’s for the AT3’s and now am using the LT 275/65 r20’s for the Rugged Treks so with the almost 2” taller profile, 1/2” wider width and almost 20pounds per tire increase in weight I did lose about 2mpg which is to be expected but the other performance so far exceeds my previous tires I am fine with it. Oh and the pictures in the description don’t do these tires justice. They look great! I actually had a friend ask if I got a new truck! LOL!!!

Last edited:

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I was a fan of Cooper tires but no longer since being bought by Good Year. Not sure what brand I will go with when my Firestones are worn but it won't be Cooper of Good Year or anything owned by Good Year

Blademan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 and 2018 3500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I recently took off the Cooper AT3’s I bought due to not being able to balance the tires. The techs where I bought them tried eight tires. Only three were able to be balanced. I selected another brand. Had heard good things about Cooper. Didn’t know they were bought by Goodyear.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WHY I got rid of the SRA's and went with Falkens, but I only got "C" rated, not need "E" rated. My other 2 choices would have been Michelin LTX of Toyo's HT's. No problem with the Falkens on wet/frozen roads. Do well. Remember when I was a kid, dad would go in garage and get down "snow" tires, studded Kelly's and put on the ole 65 Buick.

New tire on truck.jpgNew tires left side truck.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
WHY I got rid of the SRA's and went with Falkens, but I only got "C" rated, not need "E" rated. My other 2 choices would have been Michelin LTX of Toyo's HT's. No problem with the Falkens on wet/frozen roads. Do well. Remember when I was a kid, dad would go in garage and get down "snow" tires, studded Kelly's and put on the ole 65 Buick.

View attachment 470026View attachment 470027
Bird man, my job was to remove the studs when the tires were almost done so my father could drive till the end of summer.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haven’t had an issue with my Cooper AT3 4S . Perfect in all weather conditions in my world. Have about 20,000 miles on them and looks like I’ll get another 20,000 or more. That being said, I also am not thrilled with Cooper Goodyear merger. I’ll be looking at Michelin, Continental and Nitto.

OP
OP
Farmingdales Finest
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven’t had an issue with my Cooper AT3 4S . Perfect in all weather conditions in my world. Have about 20,000 miles on them and looks like I’ll get another 20,000 or more. That being said, I also am not thrilled with Cooper Goodyear merger. I’ll be looking at Michelin, Continental and Nitto.
That's why I said my experience seemed to be the exception especially when it came to rain performance. They were the best tire I have used in snow, did better than expected off road but for ME were scary in rain. But Cooper apparently doesn't like to hear the truth even when you are praising another product while showing my personal short falls in their product again which seems to be the exception based upon what I have read and talking with others that had the same tire.

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
Im in arizona and my first set of at3`s at less than 20000 miles at more than half worn??????????????

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I recently took off the Cooper AT3’s I bought due to not being able to balance the tires. The techs where I bought them tried eight tires. Only three were able to be balanced. I selected another brand. Had heard good things about Cooper. Didn’t know they were bought by Goodyear.
My experience was the same, multiple shops couldn’t balance them. I had to buy them on a road trip, so return to the place of sale was not an option.

And Goodyear will not get my money for the reasons posted above.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Falken or General ATX tires. I went with General (owned by German Continental Tire), still made in USA.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I was a fan of Cooper tires but no longer since being bought by Good Year. Not sure what brand I will go with when my Firestones are worn but it won't be Cooper of Good Year or anything owned by Good Year
I can't win. About six months ago I bought some Cooper Evolutions to replace the crappy Goodyears that came with the truck. So I have Goodyears again?

I'm actually happy with them so far, and they were able to balance them. One of them has a little bit more weight than usual, but the other three just have one small weight on each one.

...By the way I I see that mine were probably made before the merger. It was announced in late February and finalized in June or July, I had the tires put on in early February.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's why I said my experience seemed to be the exception especially when it came to rain performance. They were the best tire I have used in snow, did better than expected off road but for ME were scary in rain. But Cooper apparently doesn't like to hear the truth even when you are praising another product while showing my personal short falls in their product again which seems to be the exception based upon what I have read and talking with others that had the same tire.
Mine do well in the rain. I run mine at 40psi. interesting that very close to the same weather yet different experience. Slightly different rubber compound .

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
Im in arizona and my first set of at3`s at less than 20000 miles at more than half worn??????????????

Any number of factors can affect adverse tire wear. Improper load rating, vehicle weight, tire inflation, rotation intervals, etc.

Not implying that is the case with your tires, just in general.

ETX Ram

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I was camping in Southwest Arkansas this week and met up with another camper who is a factory worker for Cooper. I asked him about his plant and the merger with Goodyear. He commented that no management from Goodyear had so much as stopped by the plant as of yet. For those who like Cooper tires, this may well be the best time if needing to replace the factory Firestones.

eddie046

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Opposite for me. Goodyear on all 3 of my vehicles.

Mrbyh20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not thrilled about this merger. I was under the impression that these tires were American made but after looking at my tires it shows product from China. I just bought the ATP’s 2 and am thinking of returning to discount tire to replace them. Cooper does still make a few truck tires on the US but not all of them. My wife’s cars tires I had just replaced as well shows American made somewhere, I think Missouri plant.

Any ways I’m very disappointed of being miss lead. And very disappointed that they are mostly China made. Yes I’m an American made products person. I’m willing to pay whatever the price so long as it’s American made.

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
Any number of factors can affect adverse tire wear. Improper load rating, vehicle weight, tire inflation, rotation intervals, etc.

I followed tire rotations and lowered the psi no towing but what i think is ,most of these tires sold today are targeted towards light truck applications as per their designation LT 295/70/18 and also the high temps here in AZ

Mrbyh20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I’m in Arizona as well. Like you e said, balance and rotate etc however here in the dessert you also need to ask about heat tolerance since our roads get so hot So I don’t wait to long to rotate my tires.
just my two cents worth.

Mrbyh20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes businesses don’t like or appreciate honest comments or reviews. Sad but nothing new.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01