Are forged wheels worth the extra $$$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about these Fuel Forged FF15 wheels. Just wondering if they are really worth the extra money.

CDF929F4-F765-4DC6-B7BB-006662E5A368.jpeg

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
They certainly are to drive-by shoppers for resale.

Only reason to get them would be for the polished look, they’re more resilient to corrosion. If you’re getting black coated, only people at SEMA will care about your street credit with forged wheels.

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very sharp looking. Forged is usually stronger. For a 1/2 ton, definitely not necessary. I’ve been looking at the same wheels.

True definitely not necessary... probably not necessary for anyone. Yep, stronger, lighter, better built... and well I think these look pretty damn good lol

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They certainly are to drive-by shoppers for resale.

Only reason to get them would be for the polished look, they’re more resilient to corrosion. If you’re getting black coated, only people at SEMA will care about your street credit with forged wheels.

Well hell... not planning on selling... not looking for the polished look... not going to SEMA or really care what they think... guess I'm screwed lol

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Well no wife here, just trying to justify it with the voices in my head lol

I get that. I really like the stock wheels on my Express and frankly thought new wheels while very cool are just too much of a stretch for the cost. Instead I took about the same money and ordered custom Clazzio seat covered (full Nappa leather, black outer, dark grey interior, blue stitching blue embroidered Ram logo on all the headrests) since if I am going to spend that much money on looks I want too see it while I am driving lol! I ordered them the 1st week in Dec and was just told they should be here a couple weeks. They really will be the crown jewel in the overall look of the truck.

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get that. I really like the stock wheels on my Express and frankly thought new wheels while very cool are just too much of a stretch for the cost. Instead I took about the same money and ordered custom Clazzio seat covered (full Nappa leather, black outer, dark grey interior, blue stitching blue embroidered Ram logo on all the headrests) since if I am going to spend that much money on looks I want too see it while I am driving lol! I ordered them the 1st week in Dec and was just told they should be here a couple weeks. They really will be the crown jewel in the overall look of the truck.

That's awesome! Post pics, I'd love to see it when they're done. I actually really liked my stock wheels but they wouldn't work with the lift I put on, or I would have kept them.

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well Hell! What's stopping you? I think they'd look awesome on just about anything.

I just saw them last night lol. I still have to figure out what tire I'm going to put on them too.

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When your driving down the road who they for, you or the person looking at them. Stock is fine for the wallet.

Hmmm... I see your point, but they would be for me. Agree stock is better on the wallet, I would have kept them if they fit with the lift.

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would look at opportunity cost. What other mod could you do with the same amount of money and some cheaper wheels.

Hmmm... but will I be happy with cheaper wheels??? lol

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stock is boring and sux, get something you enjoy looking at and be the envy of all the "stockers" lol