Audio Output Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamminBeavers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me start by saying that I hate being the guy brand new to the forum who's asking a bunch of stupid questions. I have had my truck for a couple weeks now, and I'm convinced all four door speakers are blown. The dealership doesn't have any interest in replacing them, and frankly, I'm not much interested in replacing them with more speakers that are likely to blow.

I have the 8.4AN with standard 6 speaker sound system. I have been reading the forum all evening searching for threads about the front door speakers because I know their space is limited. I think I have figured out what I'm going to do in that regard, but I still have a few questions. Does anyone know the actual wattage produced by the 8.4AN? Also, I've read that front door speakers receive a full range signal, that front door speakers do NOT receive a full range signal, and the same regarding the rear door speakers. Can anyone clarify?

I intend to add subs and a line out converter at some point to amp all speakers (with the exception of the dash), but being somewhat financially restrained right now, and struggling to deal with a car stereo that sounds like absolute ****.... I've decided to replace all my interior speakers and build up from there. Here's what I'm thinking:

Kicker 41KSC694 6x9's in all the doors (with my own fabricated 3/8" spacers up front)

DS18 DS-TWR24 3.5-Inch 300 Watts Titanium Bullet Compression Tweeter (mostly because they're $17 and get rave reviews)

DEI Boom Mat Slim Speaker Baffles behind all of the 6x9's.

Does anyone see any glaring holes here? I gladly welcome all input, and I'll be sure to update as I go. I know I can't be the only one interested in how big a speaker we can fit in that front door without compromising the factory look.