audio tweeter upgrade question or help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesleymd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I read the stock radio system on the tradesman trucks etc has 8ohm going to the dash. I plan on running a 4" scanspeak mid I know it wont fit and a sb acoustics dome tweeter on the dash. from what I have researched maybe yall can help me on this . running two 4ohm speakers in series will make them 8ohm correct ? now the confusing part for me anyway . I am thinking I can run a 13uf capacitor to the tweeter limiting its signal and possibly using a 50 uf on the mid now this is using 8ohm caluculations being its 8ohm supplied. problem I may run into is what is the factory x over going to the dash speaker originally? or will any of this even work ?

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I read the stock radio system on the tradesman trucks etc has 8ohm going to the dash. I plan on running a 4" scanspeak mid I know it wont fit and a sb acoustics dome tweeter on the dash. from what I have researched maybe yall can help me on this . running two 4ohm speakers in series will make them 8ohm correct ? now the confusing part for me anyway . I am thinking I can run a 13uf capacitor to the tweeter limiting its signal and possibly using a 50 uf on the mid now this is using 8ohm caluculations being its 8ohm supplied. problem I may run into is what is the factory x over going to the dash speaker originally? or will any of this even work ?

there was a thread on a 4in speaker instal and i believe it was quit the work to do, i was going to do it but passed. i would just stick with the 3.5 in the hole and put the 1in tweeter in the sails. Alot of people have done that with good success. Should be easy to find with a stereo build thread search. you're also going to need to run bass resistors ( buy them at crutchfield) . also you probably wont stop there as you're gonna want run an amp and some type of crossover unit (fosgate dsr1 or amp-pro)