Automatic bed lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen99ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking into installing lights in the bed of my truck so I can see at night with the tonneau cover closed. I want them to turn on when the tailgate opens. The only kit I can find for this purpose can be found here: 4z Products - Welcome

Has anyone had any experience with these kits or can you suggest something else?

I know I could make something with a normally closed momentary switch but I'd rather not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
That looks pretty awesome actually.

I know someone on this forum built his own. He used a magnet system to complete the circuit and did little or no drilling to get it working. Exact same concept and a lot cheaper too.

OP
OP
S

Stephen99ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I did a quick forum search and turned up nothing, and I'm kind of wary of small companies that can't even be found on amazon taking my money...ill keep searching for that thread tho thank u

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Yeah, I ran through the 3rd & 4th gen DIYs but didn't see the thread about the bed lights. All that was done was to get strips for the lights and hook them up with one of those alarm sensors you see on the doors or windows to trigger it on or off.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a link on my signature to the lights I installed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stephen99ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks guys