Auxilary connector in engine compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbb72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2018 2500 6.4 Hemi Tradesman. I have searched the forum and the internet. I just left my dealership's modification shop. I cannot find, nor can they without charging me to search for it, the pre-existing Auxiliary Connector for my factory Aux switches anywhere in my engine compartment. I want to wire my own light bar to one of my Aux switches. They can do it for me but it costs $240 labor. Has anyone actually found them or wired something to them?

Thanks in advance

Mulligan1298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try rambodybuilder.com? They have info available on the Rams as it relates to chassis cab setups and is for the shops that put aftermarket parts/beds etc on them. I Googled what you were looking for and came up with a few pages that showed where those connectors are "supposed" to be. Most were on the firewall directly in front of the driver, next to the brake fluid reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2018 2500 6.4 Hemi Tradesman. I have searched the forum and the internet. I just left my dealership's modification shop. I cannot find, nor can they without charging me to search for it, the pre-existing Auxiliary Connector for my factory Aux switches anywhere in my engine compartment. I want to wire my own light bar to one of my Aux switches. They can do it for me but it costs $240 labor. Has anyone actually found them or wired something to them?

Thanks in advance
The box circled in yellow is the aux fuse/relay box, and the arrows are pointing to the aux output connectors. Do you have any of this stuff? nPtxUAn.jpg

OP
OP
J

jbb72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you Mulligan1298. I will try Rambodybuilder.

OP
OP
J

jbb72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Jimmy07,
My Aux fuse/relay box and my battery are exactly opposite of your picture. That is the picture I found on Rams website somewhere but those light gray and dark gray connectors are not there on my pick up. I wish they were. Thanks for your response.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Take a pic of your engine bay near the drivers side close to the firewall for us to see, that will help us help you.

OP
OP
J

jbb72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Here are the pics. Thanks

13AA9F73-0B61-4822-B280-2F8EA29BBA20.jpeg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
From what I gathered on rambodybuilder website you either have to order the truck with the AUX switches which means it will have that connector and the switches. Or an option for upfitter ready which will have just the connector. The wires are actually in the harness but they are blunt cut unless you have one of these options. If you feel the big harness coming out of the firewall on the drivers side you find a big hump in it. The blunt cut wires for the AUX switches are in that hump. They are cut off, folded back against the harness and wrapped to form that hump. There is a kit for installing the connector to the blunt cut wires. The schematic for this harness is on rambodybuilder.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If your truck came from the factory with the AUX 1-5 buttons on the bottom row of your center stack switch bank, than that relay/fuse box is *supposed* to be there along with the two output connectors. Did you buy your truck used?
Give the dealership parts guy your VIN number, and ask him what the part number of the “control switch assembly” is in your truck, and post the part number here.

OP
OP
J

jbb72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you. I do have a big clump of wires taped together between my battery and my firewall that looks like what you are describing. Would you know why they would put Aux switches in a pick up but not have the connectors already wired? Thanks again.

OP
OP
J

jbb72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Jimmy07
I bought it new and the 1-5 Aux switches were in it when I received it. They are factory installed. I just dont have the output connectors. I will contact my dealership again. Thanks

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
That is odd. I have only seen the two I described. Factory AUX switches in the dash which included the connector and relay box under the hood. Upfitter ready with just the connector under the hood.