Auxiliary input 2006 Infinity system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeppy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I purchased this truck about a year and a half ago and the radio reception has been poor (one station). Investigating today and found an audio input plug and toggle under the dash. I've tried to utilize it but can't figure out how. Plugged it into my phone and tried the Sirius radio setting. Also, when I turn the toggle off the radio reception improves dramatically. Any thoughts? At the bottom of the picture you can see the toggle with audio input tied into a harness. There also are cables shown in the other picture that seem to go right to the head. IMG_20190807_094416311.jpg IMG_20190807_094905561.jpg .

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What you probably have installed there is something like the ISimple auxiliary input add-on kit that works by connecting in-line with the vehicles antenna cable. When you flip the switch it activates the FM Transmitter to play the externally sourced audio through the vehicles radio.

That would explain why your normal FM audio was so poor and your antenna's signal was so poor with the switch in the on position. Once you turn the switch off you go back to normal antenna signal for the radio.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963