Back up camera for camper shell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I put a commercial topper on my truck with no windows. I'd like to mount a backup camera to help my wife drive when needed and to help me hook up trailers. I think if I mounted it up high on the shell it would give a better view... or should I just buy a stock one for the tailgate? Also is there a kit with all the wires, and do I need to get alpha obd to connect it?

2016 2500 with the smaller screen.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There is a kit available from Mopar comes with a new tailgate handle the camera and all the wiring it is a plug and play unit and the only thing that you would need to do is add the build code to your Vin number and then update the vehicle configuration. Actually just installed one at work

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Look for one designed for an RV, they are meant to be placed up high and give a clear view. You can get them wireless so you only need the 12V going to the camera from a backup light source.