Back up camera's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
What back up cameras are you all using for aftermarket set ups. Been debating on saving for one and just wondering what's out there. How was install and such? Pics of set up would be awesome!

Tapatalk'in

2k2wranglerx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine should be here today. I did a wireless cam for the plate and bought a jenson head unit with a 7" screen.

Jluge2615

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought
aefc14b8-0fc6-1cd7.jpg

Was gonna put in front with my ch-550 but gonna return it. I wanted it centered and not looking to do any cutting. Wireless cam work with factory head unit?

OP
OP
RompinRam

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Dodgeman, can you see your hitch pretty well with the camera mounted to the plate? I want it mainly for my boat trailer and the occasional small Parking lots haha

Tapatalk'in

ROKTMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my mirror one.

Attachments

• Pat -Rear view.jpg
    Pat -Rear view.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 261
OP
OP
RompinRam

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Picture on the mirror looks pretty good. Although I wanted to avoid that. I am planning on replacing my head unit anyways so just gonna get a screen that will support a camera.

Tapatalk'in

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Okay, I think ROCKET was implying he just uses his mirror for a backup. His back window is open, and he took a picture of the reflection. There is no camera screen there. Why would his camera have a window, tonneau cover, and spoiler in the picture?

Please correct me if I'm missing something, as I can vaguely see something that looks like a rear view camera on the left side of the picture.

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Does anyone happen to know of a Bluetooth camera that could be viewed from an iPhone?
I'm not sure if anything like this exists, I have done some research but haven't really found anything. I'd ideally like to have a wireless camera that would pair to my garmin but I dont think it's really possible software wise. It would be much easier to pair to an iPhone or android. I don't think I'd use te camera all that much so opening an app wouldn't be a big deal since it would mostly be used to back up to a trailer. I have no interest in installing something else with a screen.
I've talked to a friend of mine and we might see what we can come up with, figured I'd ask if there was anything like it out there

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Tha'ts a good deal, thanks for posting. I like the specs they seem better then the one I was looking at.

no problem here is a pic of the camera working way better than the last one I had I really like the distance indicators on this one and with the new cree back up lights I just installed big difference at night

Last edited:

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
very nice. picture sold me I'm going to buy one right away. thank you.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
like that set up^^ Iv been seriously thinking about getting a single din like that one but the thing is on my 2nd gen it would cover my 2 main ac vents..which would kill me in the summer. Think im gonna mod my bezel for a double din and get the boyo camera.

Last edited:

2k2wranglerx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines a single din fold out. I think I'm 225 bucks into that, with the new rf 6x9s and the wireless backup camera.

I'm pretty happy with it

Last edited: