Backup Light Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
U talking the VLEDS LED back up? If U get and fits, could U just post product/model ### as the site does not list for 2019's.

I plan on doing the Curt setup instead of cutting into wiring
did the Alla Lighting 921's off Amazon

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan on doing a light strip, as I do not have sockets like U have, but on the MY 19, the light unit is one complete setup, OEM LED....

I see U have a classic, DS vehicle, I have the DT 5th Gen, just a saying..... (I stayed away from the E-Torque)

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure you don't drill too big of a hole directly in the corners or you won't have a good clean square or rectangular whole.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone else seen a “backup light out” message after installing LED backup bulbs?
How do I clear this?
The bulbs are working great.
Did you purchase LED bulbs that were CANBUS compatible?
All the successful installs above are using either CANBUS bulbs or they can use a programmer (dealer or AlphaOBD) to switch the BCM to LED. Its the difference in current draw the truck sees. LED pull way less current than a halogen, so the BCM thinks theres a bulb out. Your new LED will work and you will continue to see error messages unless you switch out for CANBUS or program. Hope this helps.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the opportunity to back about 20’ from a brick wall at 0400 yesterday. Wow. What a difference. Very impressed. Even with only burning the cargo lights, its a huge flood of light compared to the oem bulbs.
Very pleased with the backup/cargo LED swap and especially the Opt7 tailgate bar. Looks just like Ramm5.7’s pic except no led license plate bulbs on mine.
Thanks Ramm5.7 for your input!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Just these led bulbs in the reverse lights is a nice upgrade. I'll be putting them into the cargo light and getting the vled license plate bar, should be more than sufficient for my needs, thanks for all the help here guys!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the opportunity to back about 20’ from a brick wall at 0400 yesterday. Wow. What a difference. Very impressed. Even with only burning the cargo lights, its a huge flood of light compared to the oem bulbs.
Very pleased with the backup/cargo LED swap and especially the Opt7 tailgate bar. Looks just like Ramm5.7’s pic except no led license plate bulbs on mine.
Thanks Ramm5.7 for your input!

Glad you like it, I sure like mine!!

jdemidio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5. 7
No pics at the moment will get later, i bought a bracket goes over trailer hitch and mounted 2 4 pods
All cost about 40 bucks and 25 min time to install

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I installed some LEDs from superbrightleds.com that are 550 lumen each. They made a big difference. I also mounted some LED cubes under the rear but those are wired into the cargo lights. I like to be able to turn them on as needed and can leave them on when hitching up in the dark. They're also great "*******" lights (for people behind me who don't how how to turn off their high beams).

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Bought muffler clamps to attach to my hitch and they are too small in diameter and the threads arent long enough... A swing and a miss.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi