Bad wheel bearing already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
15000km, get a scraping noise when turning right when the vehicle is cold, after I have been driving a bit the noise disappears. Checked for things bound up in the axles or brakes- nothing. No visible drag marks on the rotors either. I don't have any play in the wheels. The noise doesn't change when applying the brakes.

Just asking for opinions. Never had a wheel bearing be intermittent like this. Usually the noise is pretty constant.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to remember, but there was a situation with the wheel well liner on the front that caused rubbing when turning. It was caused by a molded bump in the liner that accommodates a connector right behind it.

Don't remember which side but it is something you can look for.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does it appear to be coming from the passenger side or driver side? Do you have the air suspension?

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Drivers side. Turned out to be a hub assembly gone south. Replaced under warranty, good as new :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk