Ball joints...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittleBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So my right lower ball joint has about a 1/4" or more up play up and down and my tie rod ends are on their way out so I am planning on going with Moog tie rod ends and was wanting to go with Moog lower ball joints. The issue I am having is coming up with a part number. Talked to my grandpa who is the parts manager at the nearest chrysler dealer and he said the diagram is calling for a whole new lower control arm but he thought for sure I could get just the ball joint aftermarket. I think I might need the K7411 or K7467 but I can't find a for sure answer. Is there anyone out there that has replaced just the lower ball joint or am I going to have to get new LCAs?

Any help at all would be tremendously appreciated,
Bob

ETHIKILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stuff
Chrysler will most certainly tell you that the whole LCA needs to be replaced. This is not always the case. Try rockauto.com, my buddy was able to get some LCA parts there.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i took my 2500 in a couple of weeks back because it was steering funny.turns out both joints were seized,ball joints shot and control arms.the dealer basically replaced the whole front end .my extended warranty paid for itself in that one visit.i have a feeling the ball joint caused the whole mess because i had the tires rotated last fall and was warned the balljoint was faulty,but ignored the problem.i believe there was a tsb on it as well.