Battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I noticed this morning, the vehicle was sluggish to start, and following some local errands, it did not improve. At last turnover, the remote start could not start the vehicle.

I called around for pricing, $200-$250 installed, but prefer to keep it dealer maintained. (Accountability/Familiarity)

Any idea what to expect from a dealer price for replacement? (No I cannot do it myself.)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I would be curious what the dealer gets for a battery. The correct battery at Autozone or Oreilly is $195. Keep in mind there are only so many battery manufactures and FCA just puts their name on it. I understand you want to go to the dealer.

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
Go with a battery from a parts store google a discount code and save yourself some money instead of giving it to the dealership. As long as the battery meets or exceeds current cca and ca you will be fine. Most parts stores have online discount codes right now for the holiday as soon as you click on the site. You will get your core back when you go up there and they install it.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The op says they cant do it themselves. Do any of the parts stores install batteries? How about a site member in the area? I am too far away.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have the receipt, but I recall it being around $273 for a new battery, install, and a fix for a blown fuse. You should pay less than that at least.

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 cc with 5.7 hemi motor. 65k miles. On my way home from vacation my truck would not start at a hotel in wytheville Virginia. I had AAA jump start the truck. I then drove to an Autozone. Their gold battery was 154 out the door and the guy at AutoZone installed it. This was 2 weeks ago.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with any quality battery Installed for free anywhere.
There is no specialization for a factory battery. It's all in the name.
Same as doing an oil change. As long it specs out you're good to go warranty ways.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve gotten my last 2-3 batteries from Costco (interstate) or Sam’s club (Duracell brand). Pretty sure the install is less than $20 if not free.

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For me it’s a measured risk. I feel like the dealer treats me well. Also, if some kid locks my radio, doesn’t do something correct, I’ll blow my top.

Plus I think I can get 10-15% off with a coupon.

Or, on the off chance it’s not the battery, it’s in the right place. Hopefully any cost difference is nominal.

It’s a 2015 with 53k miles, I think it’s original.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
order online at western auto or autozone, get the 20-25% coupon for online, pickup at the store, let the store do the install cause its free..........done it a couple times on vehicles

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Final verdict was $199.95 ($149.99 battery, $49.95 install) from the dealer before tax and incidentals.

Comparatively, Sam’s Club was $127 with free install, so a notable difference between the two. NTB was almost $250.

Granted the pro-rated warranty was better through the retail places, but I feel like I made out ok and didn’t get crushed.

Given that all service is dealer performed, feel comfortable that I wasn’t scalped. Not looking to waste cash, but wanted a little peace of mind.