BD Diesel replace manifolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demithehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried the BD Diesel replacement manifolds? Truck just developed the famous exhaust tick and I'm considering these instead of shorty headers.

Last edited:

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If they are made the same as their exhaust manifolds for the 12 valve Cummins diesel ones, they should be outstanding quality.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks,I read the description on BDs site
What I want is to hear from people that actually have them on their trucks

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, I'd kind of like some input from someone that has these as well. I have an appointment coming up soon to, undecided on trying out these manifolds.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great quality, wont warp like stock but wont offer any added performance. Message me if anyone would like a quote

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your manifolds aren't cracked, go to a machine shop and ask them to plane them flat, reinstall with remflex gaskets and stock bolts, never have broken bolts again. I don't see the point of the aftermarket logs that offer no benefit you can't do for a machine shop charge.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your manifolds aren't cracked, go to a machine shop and ask them to plane them flat, reinstall with remflex gaskets and stock bolts, never have broken bolts again. I don't see the point of the aftermarket logs that offer no benefit you can't do for a machine shop charge.

Might have to break down and this myself.

Should I replace *all* the bolts? Or just the broken ones?

Mopar charges awfully much for crappy hardware. Id rather buy ARP but I dont think I can keep the heat shields with those.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Replace all of them. There are times you can get away with old hardware, this is not one of those times.

You are already having issues with them breaking, why put old stretched bolts back in?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might have to break down and this myself.

Mopar charges awfully much for crappy hardware. Id rather buy ARP but I dont think I can keep the heat shields with those.
I think Mopar is your only option to keep the factory heat shield mounts, maybe @AllMoparParts.com has a package for a full set.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replace all of them. There are times you can get away with old hardware, this is not one of those times.

You are already having issues with them breaking, why put old stretched bolts back in?

I get that, but reading around it seems like there might be different manifolds, different (longer) hardware, etc. Hard to get a read on what parts are still available, Ive seen a bunch of manifolds and bolts listed as discontinued.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone tried helicoiling the manifold stud holes in the heads? Certainly would give a stronger mounting thread than the stock hole.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Has anyone tried helicoiling the manifold stud holes in the heads? Certainly would give a stronger mounting thread than the stock hole.
Helicoils are used to repair a threaded hole, they would be used if the bolts were pulling out of the hole. There isn't a strength issue with the threads.
The bolts are snapping, you need to go with stronger or larger bolts.
The correct repair is having the manifolds machined flat if they haven't cracked or replacements.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The correct repair is throwing all that crap in the garbage. Get LT's or Shorties , Remflex , ARP bolts

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I get that, but reading around it seems like there might be different manifolds, different (longer) hardware, etc. Hard to get a read on what parts are still available, Ive seen a bunch of manifolds and bolts listed as discontinued.
The only differance in manifolds and bolts are between the SRT manifolds,which are used on the 6.1 / 6.2 and 6.4 cars and jeeps,which are similiar to a shorty header,and the cast iron manifolds used on the 5.7 and 6.4 trucks and 5.7 cars

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only differance in manifolds and bolts are between the SRT manifolds,which are used on the 6.1 / 6.2 and 6.4 cars and jeeps,which are similiar to a shorty header,and the cast iron manifolds used on the 5.7 and 6.4 trucks and 5.7 cars
When I mentioned different I meant revisions of the same part.

Checking various Mopar parts sites, my truck has 2 sets of manifolds listed, one set is discontinued. The hardware has newer revisions, but how do I know if the hardware fits the "old" manifolds already on my truck? Is the updated hardware only for the "new" manifolds?

Confusing, at best. I did reach out to AllMopar, hopefully Benny can clear it up.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Helicoils are used to repair a threaded hole, they would be used if the bolts were pulling out of the hole. There isn't a strength issue with the threads.
The bolts are snapping, you need to go with stronger or larger bolts.
The correct repair is having the manifolds machined flat if they haven't cracked or replacements.
Yeah, I know and have been using them since they came out for just that.

But when I worked in R&D doing some stuff for the space program, we would helicoil some aluminum pieces right out of the gate to help blind thread holes in the aluminum to strengthen them and eliminate dissimilar metal problems on the threads.

Did the same on some A/A Fuel engines for the strength reason and make them survive the contant disassembly wear on the threads..

Just a thought.