BDS 6" lift coilovers or Bilsteins ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South Jersey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 annd 2006
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello I am new to these forums. I just purchased a '14 1500 Express with the Black ram package 3.92's limited slip. I ordered this truck to build. I also have an '06 Nightrunner reg cab shortbed with 33's and a leveling kit. My son wants to buy that from me lol. On the new truck I am looking at running the BDS 6" kit with 35's on 18's and a black MBRP exhaust. My local shop adivised against the coil over kit because of damage from salt in the winter time. Anyone running this kit ? could use some input. Thanks Bruce

WranglerCody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
im in florida so I don't know anything about that salty situation you northerners get. lmao. but in my opinion coil overs are the way to go. best for offroad and just look awesome. as for salt, I would think as long as you keep it clean under there you shouldn't have a problem but as previously stated I don't know about salt.

ps bilsteins are awesome shocks as well

Little Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello I am new to these forums. I just purchased a '14 1500 Express with the Black ram package 3.92's limited slip. I ordered this truck to build. I also have an '06 Nightrunner reg cab shortbed with 33's and a leveling kit. My son wants to buy that from me lol. On the new truck I am looking at running the BDS 6" kit with 35's on 18's and a black MBRP exhaust. My local shop adivised against the coil over kit because of damage from salt in the winter time. Anyone running this kit ? could use some input. Thanks Bruce

You'll get surface rust with either setup. What's your intended use? If you're going offroad a lot, the fox coilovers can't be beat. If you spend most or all of your time cruising pavement, I'd get the bilsteins.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bilsteins have pretty much have the same polished finish as the foxes. So rust and corrosion is an issue with either one. The only benefit you'll see from the foxes is the fact that their rebuildable, unless you offroad a lot. The bilsteins will do just fine and are a lot cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

South Jersey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 annd 2006
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys I mostly pavement ride but do go fishing and camping off road. I also use the trucks a lot in the winter so they definitely see snow and salt

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Fox coil overs cannot be beat. You can always spray them down with WD-40 or some other rust inhibitor. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like a price quote with forum member pricing!

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This unique warranty proves our commitment to the quality and reliability of every product we make.The No Fine Print warranty does NOT include shock and stabilizer cylinders.

Shock and Stabilizer Cylinders Limited Lifetime Warranty

BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its shock and stabilizer cylinders are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product and mounting bushings. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust, worn or deformed bushings. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.

BDS Suspension's obligation under all warranties is limited to the repair or replacement, at BDS's option, of the defective material. Any cost of removal, installation or reinstallation, freight charges, incidental or consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties.

This may only pertain to BDS brand shocks, I will guess the Fox warranty applies to their coil overs.

adam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v-8
I put on 5100's a year ago on my 1500 and I like the ride a lot I have driven it mainly on normal conditions but seem great on long trips and bumpy roads
I set them to the 2.1 and after alittle driving it settled around 1.75 height which makes a nice level front. the rear is slightly higher which is good

but my vote is 5100s for a quick and relatively cheap price to get the nose up and to get some bigger tires to fit nicely.

I have notices some surface salt wear on the outside of the 5100s I live in CT so not much u can do there just try to wash them here and there
:favorites13: