BDS lifts... yes/no and why...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jersey1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and the truck world, for that matter. I am planning on lifting my 2014 1500 Sport CC and am leaning towards a BDS lift. Since the BDS lift costs a fair bit more than RCX, Zone, Superlift, etc, I'd appreciate your opinions as to whether the additional coin for a BDS lift is worth it? It's not likely that my truck will see much off-roading. I'd like to maintain as much of the stock road manners as possible (stiffening of ride is ok) and hopefully improve on the current ride.

Whether you are for or against BDS lifts, please state why so I can make an objective decision.

Thanks! :favorites13:

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bds makes great lifts and have one of the best warranties out there. But if you plan on staying on the road, I'd look at rcx or zone. Zone is owned by bds and is basically the same product for less. Rcx also has a fairly good warranty and makes a great lift, but their shocks arnt that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jersey1500

Jersey1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Csanders... appreciate the feedback.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I hear zone is great! They've got a high quality product and are pretty popular. I don't know much about BDS though

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I myself will be doing rcx as mine will mainly be a pavement princess, other than the occasional snow and dirt road hauling the atvs! If I was doing more off roading I'd do bds with upgrading the uca's. I may do bilsteins all around anyways so I'll be swapping out the crappie rcx shocks anyways.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear they are great also. But in AZ we love RCX, and put them to the test in the desert. When I lift in the Spring, I will be installing RCX. I had RCX on my '10 Rubicon, and it did not disappoint.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, I installed and am a huge fan of the Zone lifts. Mine will never be buried rocker deep in mud either, so I didn't consider BDS. You can see my specs below . . . The truck ride is perfect, and it slides nicely into a 7' garage door no problem. One of the nice things about BDS/Zone is the Factory Protection Plus warranty that you get free. It will cover anything in the drivetrain that the dealer denies because of the lift. That would be a big plus for me since you are lifting a 2014. Good luck. I spent 2 years researching and grinding over lifts, tires, and wheels. Decisions decisions . . . . Lol

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Bds makes great lifts and have one of the best warranties out there. But if you plan on staying on the road, I'd look at rcx or zone. Zone is owned by bds and is basically the same product for less. Rcx also has a fairly good warranty and makes a great lift, but their shocks arnt that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a BDS installed no complaints, I also had RCX lifts on past trucks there all good in my opinion I like the BDS for the simple fact my garage don't give me grief when I need warranty work they just fix it no questions asked because they are a BDS dealer aswell . Check my profile albums if you want to seen what it looks like installed , well it will be a bit lower then my truck due to 1.25 body lift but they are nice lifts.

OP
OP
Jersey1500

Jersey1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I installed and am a huge fan of the Zone lifts. Mine will never be buried rocker deep in mud either, so I didn't consider BDS. You can see my specs below . . . The truck ride is perfect, and it slides nicely into a 7' garage door no problem. One of the nice things about BDS/Zone is the Factory Protection Plus warranty that you get free. It will cover anything in the drivetrain that the dealer denies because of the lift. That would be a big plus for me since you are lifting a 2014. Good luck. I spent 2 years researching and grinding over lifts, tires, and wheels. Decisions decisions . . . . Lol

Really nice setup on your truck!!! Looks fantastic! And thanks for the insight on your lifting experience - definitely appreciate it.

OP
OP
Jersey1500

Jersey1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a BDS installed no complaints, I also had RCX lifts on past trucks there all good in my opinion I like the BDS for the simple fact my garage don't give me grief when I need warranty work they just fix it no questions asked because they are a BDS dealer aswell . Check my profile albums if you want to seen what it looks like installed , well it will be a bit lower then my truck due to 1.25 body lift but they are nice lifts.

Thanks dude... your truck is a beast!

OP
OP
Jersey1500

Jersey1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all... thanks to all who responded... really appreciate learning about your experiences.