beating a dead horse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok guys i wanna replace my headlights with black ones. i dont wanna tent my lenses either. iv been reading reviews from spyder and others and they are about 50/50 so i come to the experienced guys here. i would like to know yalls take on them. i would love to go through JJ but i don't have that kind of money. if someone out there knows whats a good brand of headlight with a clear lens and a black back ground i would like your input. i plan to just upgrade my halogen bulbs on highs, lows and fogs. thanks guys

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I went with these and just put them on the other day. So far I really like them. I didn't want to mess with HID's right now. If I go that route I'll probably hit JJ up for a set, but for now this gets me away from the crappy silver/chrome ones. They come in duals and quads.

2lh-ram09jm-dp.jpg

OP
OP
H

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with these and just put them on the other day. So far I really like them. I didn't want to mess with HID's right now. If I go that route I'll probably hit JJ up for a set, but for now this gets me away from the crappy silver/chrome ones. They come in duals and quads.

2lh-ram09jm-dp.jpg

thanks cruizer. what brand are they btw?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They're Depo. I looked into them and I guess they make quite a few manufacturer OEM headlights. They are built just like the OEM Ram headlights, just in black. Bought them at a decent price on ebay. They fit great and seem like a decent quality. Just hoping there's no moisture issues down the road, but we'll see.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had moisture problems with 2 sets of those, in the dual configuration. 3rd set I went ahead and sprayed "flex-seal" around the seals. No moisture in the 6 months I ran them.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've heard the projector lenses are crap in those. I didn't feel like messing with projectors so I went the route I did. I will look into the flex-seal stuff though if I see any moisture though.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're familiar at all with projectors, you won't be happy with those Spyders. The entire projector assembly is subpar and the adjustment screws require you to remove the entire headlight to adjust them.
If you have to have a cheap option and only want to upgrade light output, get some brighter bulbs to replace the stock ones.
If you're going for just an appearance upgrade, your light output is going to suffer on those cheap assemblies.
The only way to save money AND get the looks and performance you want is to tear them down and upgrade them yourself... and it's still not "cheap".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rskew