Drag Link - Beating a Dead Horse…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Is there another way to get in touch with @RamCares ?

I’d sent off a message a couple weeks back asking if they could help me up in Canada with this drag link recall but haven’t heard back.

I went to the dealership and asked to start a claim on getting a new link put in but they stated the repair was already done so my file is closed. The service writer was quite new so he didn’t quite get my point of the weld job being a temporary solution that should be addressed now with the correct new part.

Sorry for beating a dead horse on this issue! I’ll be moving out of town soon and it’ll be quite a drive and ordeal to get this sorted then versus trying to do it now while I’m still in town.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
No offense but as many times as we see this why don't you guys just get an updated dl and install it yourselves.$200 is a hell of alot cheaper than the heartache of dealing with the dealership on an issue they could really care less about. Maybe look at upgrades so u don't have to worry about inferior factory parts that get welded. Ps factory parts are by no means superior over aftermarket, the oem part just goes to the lowest bidder who can reliably supply large quantities.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dealer does not have the ability or authority to do anything so don't even bother with them. Have you tried picking up the phone and calling ramcares? I wouldn't rely on a forum message to contact them.

OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
No offense but as many times as we see this why don't you guys just get an updated dl and install it yourselves.$200 is a hell of alot cheaper than the heartache of dealing with the dealership on an issue they could really care less about. Maybe look at upgrades so u don't have to worry about inferior factory parts that get welded. Ps factory parts are by no means superior over aftermarket, the oem part just goes to the lowest bidder who can reliably supply large quantities.
No offense taken! That’s a good point, but I just started down this path and if it’s proving to be a PITA then I’ll switch gears but figured if I can get a new/redesigned OEM part for free and installed for free then why not take them up on it.

OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Dealer does not have the ability or authority to do anything so don't even bother with them. Have you tried picking up the phone and calling ramcares? I wouldn't rely on a forum message to contact them.

I have not tried calling - posted this thread for that exact kind of advice. Just started trying to get this sorted, so that’ll be my next step… see where that takes me. Thanks!

OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I found Canadian number for Ramcares using a simple forum search. Again.

Post in thread 'Last Ram I will ever purchase' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/last-ram-i-will-ever-purchase.204177/post-2845556
Well, they were less than helpful! “Your recall has been repaired within spec (welded), and therefore not eligible to have the part replaced”

I’ve dealt with them before on an issue with my Jeep where the transmission would go into limp mode and although they got a scan on it and had it all documented, they couldn’t replicate it once they cleared the error so it then wasn’t an issue, in their eyes.

Good thing we pay for extra warranties and even when they find the problem, they’re better at finding a way out of dealing with them than actually fixing them.

Woot, great work FCA…