Bed Liner Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorider228

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 QCSB 4x4 Mineral Gray
Engine
5.7 liter
My bed is currently lined with Line-X, but I had to replace my tailgate. My tailgate is new and isn't lined now, and Line-X is quoting $155 for just the tailgate. I am weighing other options including Herculiner and a drop-in. Anyone have experience with Herculiner? Or the Weathertech Techliner?

I can't seem to find any reviews for the Weathertech option and I want some first hand about the Herculiner before I paint my brand new tailgate with it.

Thanks guys!

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know that they make the thick rubber bed liners and tailgate liners. down side is you have to drill into the tailgate to attach it. But they're pretty tough. Had one on my old truck about 10 years ago.

I actually have a drop in Pendaliner. They all come with the tailgate cover as well. I personally chose the drop in over spray in because I do a lot of gravel/concrete work. So the stuff slides in and out easily. The spray in just won't work for me - too much traction. I had it in my last truck as well and lasted 5 years with significant abuse. I've hauled several motorcycles in my bed as well without major slippage. Of course, I'd assume, most people would like the traction over the more slippery surface. I'm not sure you would really need a hurculiner under the drop in. The paint might get scuffed but I never really noticed and bald spots in the past. I did hurculiner the bed of my el camino. Maybe I just didn't prep enough but it chips way too easily.

Other consideration has been that the drop in is about $120 from my local truck shop and no chance of a crap job and overspray like the spray liners.

The techliner doesn't really protect your sides. You could do a drop in and a rubber bedliner / tailgate liner.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have the rhino liner in mine and love it. Ur right at about 200$ for the tailgate as its about 800-900 for the whole bed. U can do your own spray in bed liner (U-pol raptor, rustoleum, Eastwood has a couple of versions) all should be within $200 to do a whole truck bed.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I reccomend not doing your own roll/spray on they never seem to be as tuff as the pro spray on liners. I debated for a long time doing mine myself and I finally talk myself out of cutting corners and I'm waiting till Im willing to pay for line-x

patrick3319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think for the money you're gonna spend, if you've been happy with the line-x just get the tailgate line-x as well to match! You'll be spending a bit more to buy a new drop in liner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rskew