Bed step recall - dealer wants to delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I’m in the same boat.

When I made the deal on my truck (2019 2500), the step was on it. Was one of the options I was interested in getting. The bed utility option was $695 and I was happy to pay it. While completing the paperwork, the dealership said they had to do a quick recall before it could be delivered. This was June 1st. It was ready by the time we were done, now missing the step. They told me I would be notified when there was a replacement.

I go back in today asking about my replacement step and they said it will not be replaced because it was removed prior to delivery. WTF, I paid for that step. I call FCA and they said they won’t be replacing it and if I want a reimbursement, that’s something I’ll have to take up with the dealership.

Shame on me for being such a loyal Chrysler customer. It’s amazing they are still in business.

WTF??? They took off an item you paid for and refuse to reimburse? Sounds like theft. I would pursue that one with the dealer. Not that this is in any way, shape or from your fault. I have found when dealing with larger dealerships to always get an a "We Owe" slip from sales for anything that is due after delivery. It seems all dealers have zero communications between departments and severe amnesia. Unless you have it in writing they act like it doesn't exist. The best time to get it in writing is before you sign. They would sacrifice their first born to get you to sign.

SuperBeeMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah, its total BS. Once I hear people are getting their steps replaced, I'm heading back down there to have a talk.

BRey246

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Fca recall#w39 says repair parts are available. i set up a appointment on the 31st and will update you guys on if they replaced it with a new step

Mark Wolverton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a link to a website where I can just order the new bed step? I am willing to just buy it at this point and don't have time to go back and forth any more with the dealer, and I don't want to bother with dealing with them any more.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone have a link to a website where I can just order the new bed step? I am willing to just buy it at this point and don't have time to go back and forth any more with the dealer, and I don't want to bother with dealing with them any more.

AMP Research 75324-01A Black Bedstep Retractable Bumper Step for 2019 Ram 2500

This is what I bought in Flea Bay>>>>>>>Works great for my 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie even though they say it will not fit>>>>>>>They can also be bought on Amazon too>>>>>>

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
For those that want to just cut to the chase and haven't the time to discipline these horrible dealers,,,the AMP bed-step above is a great fix/solution.
For those that stand on principal and have the time to punish this manufacture, small claims works great. Cheap and the clerks tend to be willing to help fill out the forms. Name the dealer and 5 John Does in Michigan. Serve both. Ask for actual cost plus stress and loss of use damages. You will never get to court. The owner of the dealership and a Admin Rep in Michigan will be in touch when served to "work things out". My Fireman neighbor is hard core focused. He got a $850 out of court settlement and a $500 purchase credit toward a new vehicle. Fitz

Mark Wolverton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called my dealer yesterday, and I was informed that RAM is issuing a recall notice to all registered owners, and that he estimated that we would be notified within the month. We'll see what happens.