Belltech 963 nd No rear wobble at any speed !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I have read over 40 post about how our trucks will develop a high speed wobble in the rear around 80 mph and Higher once lowered !! Well i just installed a Belltech 2/4 963 Nd kit on my 2012 Ram 1500 Express CC and it has no issues whatsoever Ran it up too 90 before I backed out of it and it was smooth as glass !!

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm happy for you, just a slight bit jealous since I've had to do control arm brackets, bags, 2 alignments, and cut tie rod ends, ate half a set of nitto 421s, and now I'm getting a bit of a vibration again.
Make sure you get an alignment if you havent already.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
had mine up to 107 and no vibrations on my 14 cc. All the problems people said about the kit I never had any of them

RTnoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have read over 40 post about how our trucks will develop a high speed wobble in the rear around 80 mph and Higher once lowered !! Well i just installed a Belltech 2/4 963 Nd kit on my 2012 Ram 1500 Express CC and it has no issues whatsoever Ran it up too 90 before I backed out of it and it was smooth as glass !!

Better knock on wood.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Some trucks get away lucky.You'll also notice in the majority of posts you read,the trucks that had the most issues after lowering are the Regular Cab Shortbox trucks,the longer QC and CC trucks aren't as prone to the issue.As RTnoob said knock on wood,as you might not have the high speed wobble,but there's a chance you could have severe wheelhop,if you have neither,go buy yourself a lottery ticket,as you're one of the lucky ones,lol.

OP
OP
vwbob16

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some trucks get away lucky.You'll also notice in the majority of posts you read,the trucks that had the most issues after lowering are the Regular Cab Shortbox trucks,the longer QC and CC trucks aren't as prone to the issue.As RTnoob said knock on wood,as you might not have the high speed wobble,but there's a chance you could have severe wheelhop,if you have neither,go buy yourself a lottery ticket,as you're one of the lucky ones,lol.
Well I will have go do a Burnout and see if I wheel hop LOL !!!!

OP
OP
vwbob16

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Another thing That noticed is that most of posts that I read about the High speed Wobble were on earlier kits before the addition of the shorter sway bar links and the Panhard bar relocater

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Another thing That noticed is that most of posts that I read about the High speed Wobble were on earlier kits before the addition of the shorter sway bar links and the Panhard bar relocater

Neither will fix the issue.The issue is the rear locating arms start to steer the rear-end when they don't run close to parallel,and the instant center of the arms relocates itself to where it's pointing into the ground about 3ft ahead of the tires.The bandaids you're thinking of,don't do anything to address the rear-end geometery after lowering. Some trucks get away lucky,some don't,lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well I will have go do a Burnout and see if I wheel hop LOL !!!!

Do a search on here for "Gary's Hemi" and read through Gary's posts.I don't feel like typing everything out again,and Gary has it pretty well summed up in his posts,if you go through them.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I still have the stock sway bar links on mine, but i do have the bracket. Mine does a mean one wheel peel without hopping so Idk I guess Im one of the lucky ones

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I still have the stock sway bar links on mine, but i do have the bracket. Mine does a mean one wheel peel without hopping so Idk I guess Im one of the lucky ones

Pegleg diffs aren't as prone to wheelhop as the posi/limited slips are.They create enough wheel speed with the 1 tire to blow through wheelhop.If you upgrade to a limited slip,good chance things will change for you,lol

thade

Reaction score
I never experienced any of those things after doing the 2/4 on my 17 standard cab w/ limited slip diff, although I expected to. I ended up doing the rest of it anyway, because I was doing it myself and wanted it done right. I did have an issue initially regarding the height, and the rear virtually riding on the bump stops, but a set of air bags got me squared away.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
120 on my 2012 quad cab, 2/4 Belltech no issues no hop.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kevin Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

first post, so... don't beat me up too bad!! I have a 2016 Sport R/T CC w/26L package/22" wheels. I ordered the BT 2/4 DK w/o shocks. I took my truck to a professional shop and they ordered the kit and did the install, my alignment was done next door to them at Midas.

Truck looks/looked SUPERRAD when I picked it up that afternoon, but within 100 miles, I noticed on acceleration from a dead stop that I was getting a vibration from the rear of the truck. I began to look up issues regarding this and came across a few articles that stated after lowering the drive shaft could possibly be mis-aligned. I called the shop and spoke with my guy and he said they have installed 1000's of these kits and no issues, he also stated that the BT kit is a direct fit kit made speciffically for my truck and that none of that would be affected because of the "plug-n-play" style application of it. Called BT, and they said the same, there shouldn't be any issues of that nature due to the fact that the kit was designed specifically for my truck.

I have ordered the QA1 Stocker Star Shocks TS905 for the rear. Hope that helps some!!!

also, I am at -1 on the front camber and I have had Midas redo their alignment, and have also had firestone do it and still cannot get it 100, my question is? Has anyone used the $53.99 adjustable camber kit from advance or o'reilly's?

Also, with the slightest bit of oversteer I get this ridiculious side to side motion in the front that is almost uncontrollable and extremely scary!!

Truck.jpg

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up needing no cut brackets and better shocks to fix the wobble, had to have the tie rod ends cut to get alignment good enough.

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted to do a 2-4 on my cc, but even with a 2” rear drop i was getting vibrations. Once i put the stock springs, it rode smooth and normal again. I wonder if the two piece driveshafts have anything to do with the vibrations?

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
While your doing 90 hit a big bump or dip in the road and then see what happens. Mine did it a few weeks ago doing 90 heading to Fresno on Hwy 99, thought I was going to loose it. Scared the crap out of my son and I. The crazy part is that I have the rear relocation kit here that will solve the problem but I can find no one in Nor Cal that is willing to install it.

IMG_2444.JPG

cut .jpg

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
is that the cut version or no cut version? how much are you lowered? weird that no one is willing to install it

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
is that the cut version or no cut version? how much are you lowered? weird that no one is willing to install it

Its the cut kit. I am a 2/4 now but am going down to a 3/6 when this cut kit is installed. I checked with a half dozen shops and no one is willing to do the work. Five years ago I would be able to do all myself but no longer able to get up and down on the ground like whats needed. I might have to take a trip to Southern Cal to get this done. If you know anyone around Northern CA that can help please let me know.

IMG_0094.JPG