belltech kit help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sup guys i have a 12 express reg cab and i started to lower it yesterday im goin with belltech 2/4 modded to 3/5 but came accross a problem! i cant take off the factory bump stops!!!!!
it says on the kit instructions to cut them off but how???? whats the easiest way to cut or take them off???

also after they are off do i need a drill to drill a hole for the new bump stops?? if yes what drill bit size do i need???

everything was going so smooth till i encountered this, does anyone have any clearer instructions on how to do it???? any pics??? thanks in advance guys

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the front you'll see two welds for the bump stop cup, you'll need to cut one the welds. I find it easiest to cut the rear facing weld then smack the cup down with a small 4lb sledge hammer, then back up, then down till you fatigue the other weld where it'll fall off. Once it is off you can grind it smooth and paint it so won't rust. No need to drill a hole, once the cup is out of the way you'll see Dodge already provided you one.