Best conversion kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jahvane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to replace the air ride on my ram1500 / 2wd. So far I see a few kits'

1. Monroe
2. Strutmaster
3. Air Delete

Does anyone have any experience with these? I see the Bilstein name alot in this forum but its there a kit ? what parts are needed ?
Sorry, Im not mechanical :(

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My air suspension is still working as it should. When mine dies, I'm planning to go with the air delete kit. I like the idea that the kit comes with an upgraded rear spring and taller front springs in their kit as options. I tow a fair bit and the biggest thing I enjoy about the air suspension is towing. The upgraded rear springs area adverstised to have good road manners and the ability to handle loads. I also need the longer front springs because I own a rebel. This would keep my ride height close to stock.

I also see that air delete uses bilstein as an option for shocks/struts. I've had good success with that brand in the past on other vehicles.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm looking to replace the air ride on my ram1500 / 2wd. So far I see a few kits'

1. Monroe
2. Strutmaster
3. Air Delete

Does anyone have any experience with these? I see the Bilstein name alot in this forum but its there a kit ? what parts are needed ?
Sorry, Im not mechanical :(

If you do a search there are discussions about this topic. A lot of good background already typed and ready for the taking.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Strut master was the first option I came across but they only had one system available.
I went with airdelete for the simple reason I could customize for however would suit my desires in lift and towing.
Also able to borrow his alphathingy to delete suspension messages.
In the end Brendan was an awesome guy to deal with.

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I ripped out my air suspension last year I went with a Bilstein kit from Air Delete. As others have mentioned, Brendan is very helpful and offers a bunch of options. I haven't heard much about Strutmasters, but I've definitely read some posts where people were not happy with Monroe/

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You don’t need to buy a kit, you can likely piece it together yourself and save some money.

I bought front struts from a wrecker for $100 then replaced the shocks with adjustable bilsteins. Bought tuff truck coil springs for the rear and the 2 spring pads. The rear shocks can be reused if there’s nothing wrong with yours. Then you just need alfa obd to do the programming.

RJR49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Why are you deleting the air system if you like it? Is it cost or something else?

OP
OP
J

jahvane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, I had a "guy" replace the air suspension and it works great. My only issue now is a light that stays on " Off Road" Does anyone know how to cut this off?
Occasionally, I get the service suspension alert but not much. I had the sensors removed as well.

TGHX

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You can use alfa obd to get rid of the light.