Best HP mods for 2015 5.7 Ram 2500 suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys. I'm a recent owner of a slightly used 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 (28,000 miles). I'm looking into way to pep up this 5.7 and improve horrible MPGs. What seem to be the most popular? I'm truly bummed to find that any Tuner mods requires a separate ECM purchase to do it.
Anyway, I am still under overall warranty and may look at an extended warranty, so obviously don't want to jeopardize that. Intake, Exhaust are they creating results?
Thanks

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
What gears do you have, lower gearing is what that truck really need with the high geared transmission in them.
A 4:30 gear would really wake it up and would help with fuel mileage.

Intakes and exhaust dont add a whole lot, mist things that dont void warrenty dont seem to add alot do help some just not a big bang.

jmo

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most performance mod's aren't conductive to an increase in fuel mileage. As has been said, exhaust and a CAI are pretty basic mod's or maybe look into a Pedal Commander which will not affect your warranty but will give you more instantaneous acceleration.
Jay

OP
OP
RamShark1

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What gears do you have, lower gearing is what that truck really need with the high geared transmission in them.
A 4:30 gear would really wake it up and would help with fuel mileage.

Intakes and exhaust dont add a whole lot, mist things that dont void warrenty dont seem to add alot do help some just not a big bang.

jmo
According to the built sheet I have 3.73. Now I want to look into LS rear at least so when I venture into that I will look at gearing as well. FYI, I am running pretty much stock tire height. Took the 22” wheels with 35” Toyos off. Attempting to sell that nearly new set.
What would be the ball park cost of changing gearing front and back? I’m guessing $800 on the cheap and diff mechanic connection tip to $1700 on the other end.
Are the Tuner systems really worth it?
I am in CA.

OP
OP
RamShark1

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most performance mod's aren't conductive to an increase in fuel mileage. As has been said, exhaust and a CAI are pretty basic mod's or maybe look into a Pedal Commander which will not affect your warranty but will give you more instantaneous acceleration.
Jay
Thanks Jay.
I also have to deal with CA emissions.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Pedal Commander would not have any effect on your emission. I would think you should be able to change to a muffler that flows better but I'm not familiar with your emission laws. I think the tuners are well worth the money and will make more of a performance difference than most other bolt on's, especially with a custom tune. You can also run the Pedal Commander and the tune at the same time. They compliment each other very well. I'm not sure about prices ref gear change in a 3/4 ton. On a 1/2 ton in can get pretty pricey if you can't do the work yourself.
Jay

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hey guys. I'm a recent owner of a slightly used 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 (28,000 miles). I'm looking into way to pep up this 5.7 and improve horrible MPGs. What seem to be the most popular? I'm truly bummed to find that any Tuner mods requires a separate ECM purchase to do it.
Anyway, I am still under overall warranty and may look at an extended warranty, so obviously don't want to jeopardize that. Intake, Exhaust are they creating results?
Thanks

Best 2 mods I've done hands down are the tuner and longtube headers. Easy 40whp gain

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pedal commander will help it feel quicker and will get rid of the lag and delay the RAM has, also it wont void your warranty. you can do a cat back or muffler swap and it will have NO effect on your emissions. Since you have the warranty and want to extend it I would talk to who ever will be doing the warranty work and see what they would allow.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Intake, exhaust and Pedal Commander would be my recommendations. They will help with throttle response and make a little bit more power.

The big change comes with a tuner and a custom program. Since you don't sound like you want to do that, and want to preserve your warranty, those mods are about the most you can do.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
According to the built sheet I have 3.73. Now I want to look into LS rear at least so when I venture into that I will look at gearing as well. FYI, I am running pretty much stock tire height. Took the 22” wheels with 35” Toyos off. Attempting to sell that nearly new set.
What would be the ball park cost of changing gearing front and back? I’m guessing $800 on the cheap and diff mechanic connection tip to $1700 on the other end.
Are the Tuner systems really worth it?
I am in CA.
It will cost you around 1900. I have 16 2500 with the 6.4 HEMI had the 3.73's went to 4.56 but I'm running 37 in tires. The shop that did mine specialized in ring and pinion.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any engine mods that are going to make big gains will also affect your warranty. As others said, swap gears first.