Best LED fog lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Putting LEDs in the OEM housings just makes the bright and scatters light everywhere, sorta makes the useless for fog and heavy snow(been there done that).
The DD SAE fogs keep the lights focused low, the height of the fogs and below. They're beam pattern is like a projector headlight but curb to curb wide.
So these would be better then even my hikari in own housing? They are pretty bright but ones going to die and out of warranty.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Putting LEDs in the OEM housings just makes the bright and scatters light everywhere, sorta makes the useless for fog and heavy snow(been there done that).
The DD SAE fogs keep the lights focused low, the height of the fogs and below. They're beam pattern is like a projector headlight but curb to curb wide.
You have the sports correct? Don’t regret not getting the max? I can jump on the sports now if you sell me on them being better then the led in my stockers. I’m also lifted 4 inches so not sure how I decide where I need to aim.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You have the sports correct? Don’t regret not getting the max?
I have the Pro level which is the one in the middle. As for not buying the Max version, I've always been extremely pleased with how the Pro level perform. Haven't ever wished the lights were brighter, there been some heavy snow conditions that being brighter might have been a hindrance.
As for the difference between DD SAE fogs, I'd buy them again without hesitation when comparing them to the OEMs with LED bulbs in them and other fog lights.
As for aiming them on a lifted vehicle, still aim them about an inch or two low at 25'-30'. Might have to tweek them once you see how the pattern is in front of the truck but for the most part the beam will stay below the fog light height in the bumper.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Pro level which is the one in the middle. As for not buying the Max version, I've always been extremely pleased with how the Pro level perform. Haven't ever wished the lights were brighter, there been some heavy snow conditions that being brighter might have been a hindrance.
As for the difference between DD SAE fogs, I'd buy them again without hesitation when comparing them to the OEMs with LED bulbs in them and other fog lights.
As for aiming them on a lifted vehicle, still aim them about an inch or two low at 25'-30'. Might have to tweek them once you see how the pattern is in front of the truck but for the most part the beam will stay below the fog light height in the bumper.
I’m fine with middle ground because you are telling me this is better than oem with led. I know the Morimoto was cats ass for a bit but it sounds toy have done that and find these superior.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Inch or two low in regard too?

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i'm using rigid sae fog pods (50481) and flood pods (202113) in place of the factory fog lights

edited to provide the model numbers and change from sae driving to flood

newfoglights.jpgfog night shot.jpg

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Inch or two low in regard too?
Basically just like aiming a headlight, from the center of the fog light at the bumper. If you want more light on the road directly in front of the vehicle you can go 3"-4"(this maybe preferred if you tow or haul heavy and the rear of the truck is squatted).

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Do not know if you got the info, you needed yet so ignore this if you did. I put in the Diode Dynamic' SS6's but these are a driving light. Got them from "American Trucks" Come with great brackets & harness. they are diode dynamics items, but American Trucks has their own part number for them. Lots of videos about the install so you can see how easy and also what they will look like once installed. Much better picture then I can add here. At American Trucks site they are in their "off road" section. Their part numbers R110925 for the white Driving (narrow beam) set, R110926 for the white fog (wide beam) set. Believe they also come in yellow? They are all 6" light bars. You have a tuff time trying to outrun them.

Last edited: