Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tearza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I purchased all the parts to install fog lights on my 2022 v6 warlock. I purchased the custom harness from Michael Grimm.
I took it down to the Dodge dealer to have everything installed. They could not get the fog lights to work.
The wiring was all correct. They plugged in a temporary light before hooking up to fog lights and it came on. But when they
plugged into the fog lights, nothing came on. Has anybody had this problem, and how did you solve it?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are the new lights led ? If so Maybe they switched the leads Positive to negative. Do not think you are getting a quality technician just because you went to a dealer . Sometimes you have to visit multiple dealers until you find a keeper . Lights are basic automotive components certainly not rocket science.

OP
OP
T

tearza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
They are LED The tech said he did not want to change polarity because it might screw up
the Trk Module. At this point, I do not know what to do.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Take a meter and see which harness is + or -. Then take some leads and figure out the + or - of the lights

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
They are LED The tech said he did not want to change polarity because it might screw up
Find a better tech, if the polarity is wrong going to a LED it's not going to screw up the module in the truck.
LED - Light Emitting Diode, a diode only allows voltage/current to flow in one direction. If the direction isn't correct the circuit is for purposes for troubleshooting an open circuit

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

John F. , I believe?

If so, I will give you a call/text later about it ... Or message/text me first (Everything you may need to reference is below)

Just to be clear, you had this dealer install the Foglight extension harness from me 5 mos ago along with the rest of the warlock specific parts (Mopar LED fogs ? & Mopar Warlock LED bumper harness below) and everything worked fine until recently?

** factory schematic attached below

** NOTE : if the tech didn't remove the TPA lock plate before installing the extension harness pins into the connector under the PDC so they lock in correctly, then it's possible the pins have backed out from the connector. (Step 4 in PDF directions and video below)

-----
reference:
see Ramforum POST 147 for Warlock specific parts, (H11 bulb harness) & AlfaOBD programming steps

68271564AA Bumper Bezel Kit
68466268AB Fog Lamp, LED (x2)
68272016AA Hex Head Bolt x8
68272023AA U Type Clip x8

68269912AA Headlamp Switch

68271557AA Front Fascia Wiring, H11 Bumper harness (LED SPECIFIC, Pos + should be at H11 bulb connector pin 1, wht/yel or wht/org wire)

plus
Fog Light Extension Harness from M2 Mods (exactly same as factory truck wiring)

And you will need the dealer to add the 4th Gen Warlock specific LED Foglight sales code to your VIN which I believe is ... MBJ (vs LNJ on halogen Foglight bulb trucks) or activate with AlfaOBD.

-------

Instruction Sheet References:

- FogLt Harness Install - 13+Ram2500 14+Ram1500 6-29-17.pdf <----- Recommended Reading (same for classic)

Reference video for installing the terminals ...
- M² Mods - Working with Yazaki Sealed Connectors <----- Recommended

------------
Attached below:
- 2018 1500 Foglight schematics.
Only difference for warlock is warlock bumper harness switches bulb polarity for H11 LEDs FogLt pods (ie, Pos + wht/yel or what/org at bulb pin 1)

Attachments

• FOG-LAMPS-SYSTEM.pdf
    121.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@tearza
PS: if a temporary Halogen bulb that isn't polarity sensitive works, then ...

either the polarity is wrong at the Foglight bulb connectors, or the LED bulbs are bad (OEM Mopar? Or aftermarket LED bulbs?).

A tech should be able to determine this.

----------------------------
Here's a reference for switching the wires at bulb connector from the 5th Gen trucks, but it shouldn't be needed with the correct warlock specific bumper harness above.

M2 Mods - Pt2 ... Repining 5th Gen FogLt harness H11 Connectors for LEDs
Updated Link: https://youtu.be/9b9Qp-zpzHc

Last edited: