Best LED fog lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tmseal250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone! Bought a 2016 ram 1500 a couple years ago that had a few upgrades done to it by the previous owner. My left fog light went out and looking to replace both. I crawled up underneath and the guy had put OPT 7 lights in but it looks like they discontinued making fog lights. Is there a brand anyone recommends? The windshield is tinted so they helped me see really well around corners. Just looking for standard white or blue color lights. Thanks in advance!

blakhra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The Diode Dynamics SS3s are highly regarded. I had them in my '19 5th gen and they were incredible. A little on the pricey side, but you're replacing the whole assembly, and can point/line up the led beam properly to your headlights, and you can choose white or yellow lenses and optics.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said
I have the DiodeDynamics SS3 SAE Fog lights(Pro level) on my '15, probably the best lighting improvement I've done on any vehicle. They keep the light low and curb to curb wide. I went with the white lenses and they work exceptional well even in near white out conditions in a snowstorm, kept the headlights off as they hindered vision from the light bouncing back.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone! Bought a 2016 ram 1500 a couple years ago that had a few upgrades done to it by the previous owner. My left fog light went out and looking to replace both. I crawled up underneath and the guy had put OPT 7 lights in but it looks like they discontinued making fog lights. Is there a brand anyone recommends? The windshield is tinted so they helped me see really well around corners. Just looking for standard white or blue color lights. Thanks in advance!
These are the only fog lights I would recommend if you want bright ones and also if you are in a budget, their is 6000K LED bulbs in them as well.

Here is the link.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I bought these and absolutely love them:

AUXITO 9006 HB4 LED Fog Light Bulbs, 3000K Amber Yellow​

being yellow may help but putting white LEDs in the factory housing sorta makes them useless for fog and snow conditions. The OEM housings don't do much to keep the light low, with any form of cut off.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Ive done lots of fogs in the OEM location. Stock, Stock with Morimoto 2 stroke bulbs, stock with Morimoto 3 stroke bulbs, quad LasFit pods in brackets, Amazon OffRoadZ LED housings, and now I'm at what I think is the best... Morimoto 4 banger HXB pods with housings/bolt in kit. Its very nice they are very bright and wide.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive done lots of fogs in the OEM location. Stock, Stock with Morimoto 2 stroke bulbs, stock with Morimoto 3 stroke bulbs, quad LasFit pods in brackets, Amazon OffRoadZ LED housings, and now I'm at what I think is the best... Morimoto 4 banger HXB pods with housings/bolt in kit. Its very nice they are very bright and wide.
I run the Diode Dynamics kit and it's very close to the Morimoto pods. Aftermarket replacement led pods are the way to go.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put sylvania's in my truck. I've got tinted headlights and tinted fogs and they're bright and clear. I generally prefer buying branded items and they come with a good warranty.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been debating if I just throw another LED bulb in the oem housing. I had HIKARI ultras and they were honestly brighter than my low beam stockers. Do I just go with a bulb again or Inknow there are other options like morimoto and DD. Honestly the Hikari were bright so their new bulb is supposed to be 30k lumens

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been debating if I just throw another LED bulb in the oem housing. I had HIKARI ultras and they were honestly brighter than my low beam stockers. Do I just go with a bulb again or Inknow there are other options like morimoto and DD. Honestly the Hikari were bright so their new bulb is supposed to be 30k lumens
Are the DD pod fogs really worth that 500 price tag? My hikaris produce quite a bit of light on sticker housing.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been running the Lasfit switch back LEDs. Love them. Super bright white, which is the default color, and switches to amber ( yellow actually) I use the white for my DRLs

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
check out the for sale section. Great price on a new set of the SS3's
I'm surprised no one has jumped on that deal. I've had mine for a few months and they're awesome.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are the DD pod fogs really worth that 500 price tag? My hikaris produce quite a bit of light on sticker housing.
Putting LEDs in the OEM housings just makes the bright and scatters light everywhere, sorta makes the useless for fog and heavy snow(been there done that).
The DD SAE fogs keep the lights focused low, the height of the fogs and below. They're beam pattern is like a projector headlight but curb to curb wide.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Putting LEDs in the OEM housings just makes the bright and scatters light everywhere, sorta makes the useless for fog and heavy snow(been there done that).
The DD SAE fogs keep the lights focused low, the height of the fogs and below. They're beam pattern is like a projector headlight but curb to curb wide.
Plug and play ? Thanks

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any thoughts on the morimoto vs diode dynamics ss3 white-pro

There's so many mixed reviews

Last edited:

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably comes down to you at this point. You probably have info overload.

I'd go with diodes.