Best OBD reader For 2007 6.7 with Apple app for performance monitoring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajamesd78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2007.5 6.7 3500 that I would like to be able to monitor the trans temp while towing my 5th wheel. I don’t want to add gauges to the interior so I’m looking for a Bluetooth obd reader. I have seen many for the newer trucks but haven’t found anything for the 2007 models. New to the forum and looking for a bit of help.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Use an OBDLink MX+ and there's an iOS app called OBD Fusion from what I've read is similar to the Torque Pro app offers on Android. Both are capable of custom PIDs for vehicle monitoring, there's actually a fairly large database of the PIDs floating around for the Cummins trucks that offers monitoring points not natively offer with the app, even things like current transmission gear.

If your looking for Plug-n-Play, there is the Edge CTS monitors. Those plug into OBD port and even offer an "A" pillar mount.

OP
OP
ajamesd78

ajamesd78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Use an OBDLink MX+ and there's an iOS app called OBD Fusion from what I've read is similar to the Torque Pro app offers on Android. Both are capable of custom PIDs for vehicle monitoring, there's actually a fairly large database of the PIDs floating around for the Cummins trucks that offers monitoring points not natively offer with the app, even things like current transmission gear.

If your looking for Plug-n-Play, there is the Edge CTS monitors. Those plug into OBD port and even offer an "A" pillar mount.
Thank you! I’ll look into that. I was trying to keep away from the Pillar mount or additional gauges screwed in anywhere.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If I remember correctly the CTS pillar mount doesn't add any screw holes so the original pillar plastic can be reinstalled. The CTS device itself can be suction cup mounted or it's about the size of a cellphone so probably most mounts will work (although you have to contend with the cable going to the OBD port.

OP
OP
ajamesd78

ajamesd78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a smarty that came with the truck and it’s currently programmed for level 3 for towing fuel mileage. Does the CTS do the same thing. This is the first vehicle I have ever even thought of using a programmer. I’m used to new cars and suvs that don’t tow or old farm trucks that get beat on with everything stock.

OP
OP
ajamesd78

ajamesd78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If I remember correctly the CTS pillar mount doesn't add any screw holes so the original pillar plastic can be reinstalled. The CTS device itself can be suction cup mounted or it's about the size of a cellphone so probably most mounts will work (although you have to contend with the cable going to the OBD port.
Thank you for your helpful advice by the way. I have used the forum for years but just joined so that I could ask about this specifically after not finding anything with documentation that listed my model year to be supported.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know different versions of the Edge CTS can load a tune(not sure which ones) as all I've ever used mine for was monitoring.
The Fusion app if like the Torque app can sometimes be fussy about getting the PIDs set up correctly but once it's working your usually good to go.

I found the thread with the Cummins PIDs, they're listed as for a newer version of truck then yours but a bunch of them may still work. The verbage that Torque and Fusion use are similar for writing custom PIDs so can read them off the Excel file. How information comes across the OBD is fairly standardized and if you screw up the PID it just doesn't work (nothing happens to the truck) so you can try adjusting till it works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357