Best oil and oil filter for a 5.7 Hemi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So, I just had another lab report done and asked if I should switch to AMSoil.

View attachment 517691
I think maybe you asked the wrong question, what I would consider is going up in viscosity to 5w30 PUP, or look for one of the super class 0w30's that have mercedes and porsche specs, vw specs as well, and best yet use one with all the desirable specs. Here's one maybe I'd consider, but I would make a change because the last one was so good and this is the wrong direction. maybe make this a short interval and move to a 30 weight, even HM is a good move, pennzoil makes a good hm oil.

When it comes to 0 winter rated oils, that is when oils like m1 do lead the pack, yes amsoil 0w30 ss would also be a good choice. You can actually see some of the 0w30's performance in those old cold flow tests, sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words, but also consider m1 also has all of those specs and has a great viscosity profile for hot and cold.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You can see how well 0w30 flows, this test was perfect because of the temp they took it at. Yes it is fresh oil so the best time to make the change is shortly after winter starts. Consider moving off that 20 weight. Never mind the 5w30 redline, it is a different beast, but look how good 0w30 m1 is, and you can see even the 5w30 m1 is good but you seeing it start to cloud.