Best Oil Filter for 3.7 Pentastar??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epsst5585

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 Pentastar
Trying to find the best oil filter for my 2018 1500, 3.7L Pentastar, running 0w-20. I’ve been looking everywhere for an AMSOIL fit, but I’m not having any luck. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
In my wife's old 2017 V6 I only used Purolator Boss oil filters and I still have a few from laying around now that we sold it, I'll never will allow a Fram filter on any vehicle I own...

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3.6L btw, and I'd either the Fram XG or the Royal Purple. Personally run the Fram XG.

In my wife's old 2017 V6 I only used Purolator Boss oil filters and I still have a few from laying around now that we sold it, I'll never will allow a Fram filter on any vehicle I own...
I'd agree on the old school orange cans, but the newer Fram XG line typically tests at the very top of filter test results.

OP
OP
E

Epsst5585

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 Pentastar
Aware of the 3.7 mistake lol - just looking for a filter. I’ve never owned a vehicle that requires this type of filter. I’ve strayed away from RP after many years of early oil changes. It turns to goop too quickly. Hence my transition to Amsoil. Not a fan of Fram, but it’s not the worst option. I’m just astonished by the lack of availability for maintenance supplies…

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am running the puralator boss filter on my wifes Cherokee L. It recently started rattling on start up, so I am switching from Castrol Edge to Pennzoil Platinum and I am going to add lube guard to it.